BOBBY Darch was the star of the show as Market House sealed a place in the last eight of the Dorset Sunday Intermediate Cup with a 4-1 win over Alexandra.

The Maiden Street outfit produced a solid performance throughout but it was their experienced hitman that stole the limelight with two goals and an assist.

Good work from Damien McLucas led to Darch slipping in Stuart Puckett for the opener but the Alex soon responded and would have levelled had it not been for some excellent saves from Badger Burley.

Derek Puckett was then hauled down in the box early in the second half following another key pass from Darch, handing the former a chance to double the lead from the spot, which he duly took.

But the Alex still refused to lie down and when Dean Taylor reduced the deficit moments later it looked like a comeback might be on the cards.

However, Darch had very different ideas as he went on to score a late brace to bag House a quarter-final tie with Weymouth Sunday League Premiership rivals Rodwell, who won 8-4 at Fernside Sports.

Rendezvous also progressed in the competition following a 7-3 victory at Three Cross. Ricky Lane and Charlie Kenderdine both struck doubles for the nightclubbers, whose other goals came from Dave Washington, Carl McClements and Chris Skinner.

The Vous will host Ferndown Locomotive in the last eight while Weyline, who won 6-0 at Talbot Pub, will travel to Specialist Lettings.

Elsewhere, Corfe Mullen Juniors came back from 5-1 down to beat Poole Wanderers 10-6. They will travel to KC Transport in the next stage after they defeated Oakdale Conservatives 10-1 with goals from Garry Stevens (3), Shaun Herrin (3), Tim Porter (2), Shane Stanley and Ben Saunders.

Sailors Return, Portland Town, Newtown Rovers and Poole Borough all benefited from walkovers in the Dorset Sunday Junior Cup but there was no such luck for Dolphin and Yates.

Dolphin lost 2-1 against Windgreen Corfe Mullen, whose goals came from Duncan Moody and Mike Hawes, while Yates went down 3-0 at the hands of Pilot.

In the other ties that took place, Team Gryphon beat White Heather Hornets 5-0, while A&T Athletic’s clash with the Belvedere Inn was abandoned with only minutes to go.

Finally, in Championship action, there was a comfortable win for Moby Dick’s as they hammered Weymouth Athletic 9-1.