DORCHESTER picked up their third straight win of 2014 and their fifth in a row with a six-try defeat of Frome.

Both teams did themselves proud despite a very strong wind, heavy downpours, and even hailstorms at Coburg Road.

The hosts chose to go uphill with the wind in the first half and couldn’t have asked for a better start.

With less than five minutes gone the ball was spun wide and winger Toby Waddington handed off his opposite number to finish well in the corner.

Callum King, playing his last game before departing to New Zealand, slotted the difficult conversion.

From here, the home side should have put the game to bed, but the worsening weather, some over confidence and sloppy play meant they went a long time without another try.

They kept the ball well towards the end of the half and, after going through some phases, tight-head prop Joe Underhill crashed over from close range. The conversion was missed.

Dorchester knew the second half would be tough against the wind but seemed to learn from the way they scored the second try.

They kept it simple for the first 15 minutes and this led to two further tries.

Firstly, after some good work from the forwards, the ball was fed to Callum King and he rounded a few defenders before finishing well to make it 17-0.

Then, following more effective play, it was older brother Lee’s turn to get in on the act, taking a short ball off the fly-half to gallop under the posts. His sibling added the extras.

With the conditions seeming to worsen and the bonus point in the bag, the county town side again eased off and allowed the visitors to enjoy some possession.

But a good work rate in defence kept them out and, as the match entered the last 10 minutes, the home side regrouped and went back to the plays that were working.

The fifth try was almost a copy of the fourth with King finding a gap after throwing a dummy to cross next to the posts. Lee Harvey kicked the conversion for 31-0.

There was still time for one more and it was probably the best team try of the game.

Dorchester kept probing until the ball was worked to Harvey, he side-stepped his opposite number and dived over. The last kick was missed.

Although there was a lot you could pick at, considering the conditions, Dorchester will be more than happy with six tries and not a point against.

They know they will have to work harder this weekend at North Dorset Thirds, who held them to a 15-15 draw earlier in the season.

Man of the match: James McQuillan