BRENDON King cut a forlorn figure yesterday following another dismal defeat at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

The passionate Weymouth boss was left almost speechless by the manner of his side’s 3-0 reverse against Frome Town and also a little embarrassed.

Not only did the loss stretch the club’s winless streak to seven games and plunge them to within three points of the Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division drop-zone but it also spoilt a moment of history after chairman Nigel Biddlecombe had signed WFC over to a community Trust ahead of kick-off.

King told Echosport: “It is just so frustrating.

“After two good performances against Chesham United and St Albans City, I think some of the boys thought they would just turn up and win the game but you don’t get anything with that kind of attitude and so it proved.

“As a player, you have to go into every game with the right mindset and unfortunately we lacked a spark.

“I didn’t think our work-rate was particularly poor, we just lacked quality in the final third and of course there is no way you can legislate for individual errors.”

On loan keeper Alex Hards was at fault for two of the goals while the other one saw Ben Gerring unfortunately put through his own net.

King added: “Alex endured a difficult afternoon and he immediately held his hands up afterwards and admitted he had lost it for us.

“Tom Manley was on the bench but he has been struggling with a slight shoulder problem and as Alex had got us out of danger a few times at St Albans with his kicking, we decided to stick with him.

“In many ways our hand was forced in terms of selection.

“Matt Groves was feeling it in his legs after Saturday’s game and of course Warren Byerley was still out injured, which meant we were forced to go with Mark Ford up top on his own.

“Having said that though, the team that went out there was more than capable of winning the game and I expected a lot more.

“It was a massive day for the club and I feel really bad for Biddie and very disappointed.

“The boys let everyone down and it was really frustrating and upsetting.

“All we can do now though is quickly regroup and prepare for what is going to be another really tough game against Cambridge City on Saturday.”

To compound Weymouth’s misery even further yesterday the game also witnessed crowd trouble between rival fans in the second half.