TWO DIVERS were rescued by Portland Coastguard helicopter after making rapid ascents.

A male diver was airlifted as a precaution by the helicopter on Saturday at around 3.11pm.

He was diving on the wreck of the submarine M2, five miles northwest of Portland Bill.

The helicopter was met at the Poole landing site by a dive doctor and South Western Ambulance.

A spokeswoman for Portland Coastguard said the diver showed no symptoms and didn't require any treatment.

Another male diver was rescued by the helicopter on Sunday morning near to St Alban's Head.

He was diving on the wreck of the Aeolian Sky, a freighter that sank in 1979.

Portland Coastguard was alerted to the incident at around 9.20am.

The diver showed signs of decompression sickness and was taken to Poole to be met by a dive doctor.

A dog survived falling off a Dorset cliff on Saturday morning.

The black Labrador called Pippa fell near Anvil Point.

Swanage Coastguards, supported by St Albans Coastguards, were tasked to find her at around 11.02am.

Swanage RNLI Inshore Lifeboat also attended and recovered the animal from the base of the cliff.

Pippa was reunited with her owners and taken for treatment after injuring her paw.

Meanwhile, a request for assistance was received after a man suffered a fit at Durdle Door on Saturday afternoon.

The request came from South West Ambulance at around 4.52pm.

Lulworth Coastguards attended and assisted with evacuating the casualty.

At the same time, a report of a small boat signalling for help turned out to be a false alarm.

A concerned member of the public noticed the boat flashing for assistance off Eypes Mouth.

Dive boat Easy Diver investigated and found that it was a motor boat with leisure anglers aboard whose windscreen was catching the sun’s reflections.

Later that evening, a 22ft yacht was left adrift in Weymouth Bay after suffering complete electrical failure.

The skipper of the yacht reported the incident at around 8pm. Two people were on board at the time.

Local vessel Cefas Endeavour responded to the call and launched her Fast Rescue Boat to assist the yacht and tow her back to her mooring at Castle Cove.