FIREFIGHTERS were called to a car fire in the early hours of this morning.

Crews from Portland well called just before 12.30am.

The car found in the Cheyne Weares area was said to be "well alight" when firefighters arrived.

A spokesman for Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "We were called at 12.25am. 

"The fire was extinguished using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet."

Two crews from Shaftesbury also attended a property fire in north Dorset in a bungalow last night and into the early hours of this morning.

A spokesman added: "The fire was caused by electrical cable which caught the roof of the house alight."