A LARGE blaze tore through a car, garage and shed, destroying all three. 
The fire, believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in the car, happened on Friday evening. 

Firefighters were called shortly before 5pm to a house in Piddletrenthide
Initally one crew from Dorchester responded but, as the fire escalated, another was crew was sent.

Andy and Nikki Curtis live at the property. 

Andy, 52, said: “We were at home when it happened. We have a dog flap for the dog and the smell of burning blew in through there. We looked outside and it was all ablaze. It happened very quickly.

“The firefighters came as quick as they could, they were really good. But by time they got here the whole garage had collapsed, it was that quick. 
“The firefighters believe it could have been due to an electrical fault with the car. It’s my son’s car and he uses it for racing, so he’s a bit upset about it.

“As the car was used for racing, there was a pile of tyres stacked next to it, so the fire spread to that and then to the shed which was filled with logs for next year and that was followed by the garage.” 

Nikki, 46, added: “But in the cold light of day, no lives were harmed. It could have been worse and spread towards the house or it could have been during harvest when the fields are full of corn.”

A spokesman for Dorchester Fire Station posted on social media: "A crew from Dorchester responded to a car fire call.

"Whilst on the way, fire control had a further call to say the fire was escalating, so fire control sent a further pump from Dorchester to attend.
"Upon arrival we found a garage, shed and car well alight. Crews got to work with two breathing apparatus deployed with two hose reel jets and a 45m jet.

"A propane cylinder was found but fortunately it wasn't affected by the fire. Crews left the scene at approximately 7pm.”