Firefighters tackled a blaze coming from a chimney in Weymouth last night (February 9).

At 9.54pm a crew from Weymouth fire station was mobilised to a report of a chimney fire at a house in Corporation Road, Weymouth on Saturday, February 9.

Firefighters used a chimney kit and a thermal imaging camera to inspect the loft space, but due to the chimney layout the chimney kit was only partially successful.

The remainder of the fire had to be extinguished using one hose reel jet from a roof ladder and safe working at height gear.