Firefighters tackled a shed fire thought to be started by embers which were placed in a plastic bin.

Crews from Sherborne were called to an address in the town shortly after 11.30am yesterday.

Firefighters quickly worked to extinguish the fire in a large garden shed.

A spokesman for Sherborne fire station said:"Quick actions of the home owner and crews have saved two thirds of the shed.

"The fire was believed to have started from what was thought were cooled embers that had been placed in a plastic bin.

"Please dispose of embers into a metal bin or bucket. Embers carry residual heat for many hours so please be careful."