Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service was called at 11.50am on Thursday, May 9 to smoke coming out of an office building on Victor Jackson Avenue in Poundbury.

The office building had flats above it, so the emergency services sent out three fire engines to the scene, two from Dorchester and one from Weymouth.

When firefighters arrived at the scene they discovered that there had not been an actual fire, but that there had been an electrical fault with a light fitting that had caused it to trip out and start smoking.

All it needed was a quick squirt with a fire extinguisher and the firefighters were able to leave the scene at 12.15pm.