A young family have lost everything after a blaze ripped through their home.

Fortunately the couple and their baby were out at the time when the fire broke out.

But most of their possessions were destroyed in the blaze and they are currently living with family members while they attempt to get their feet back on the ground.

Several fire crews tackled the fire at Pulham on Sunday night.

Becky Watson said, whose brother lived in the property said: "I’m raising money to help my brother and his girlfriend and baby boy who lost their home and all their belonging in a fire.

"Fortunately they were not at home when the fire started but later received a phone call from the landlords informing them that their home was in flames.

"After a long, upsetting night they have not been able to recover any of their possessions. They are currently staying with family but unfortunately this is not a feasible situation for the long term and any support in this time of need for him and his family would be of great help."

One crew from Sturminster Newton and a crew from Sherborne were initially sent to the scene.

A spokesman for Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "An extra appliance was requested for manpower, which was sent from Shaftesbury fire station. The incident was sectorised and further assistance was requested.

"Extra crew becoming available meant that the additional two pumps came from second crews at Sturminster Newton and Sherborne.

"A command support unit from Sherborne and various officers also went as a result.

"The fire was extinguished using four hose reel jets, two main lines, one ground monitor, one roof ladder and one triple extension ladder.

"Relief crews came from Maiden Newton and Dorchester, and a final re-inspection was completed by a crew from Sturminster Newton before the incident was closed.

"Thanks to Blandford and Yeovil (the latter from Devon & Somerset FRS) crews for providing standby cover at Sturminster Newton and Sherborne whilst the incident was in progress."

If you would like to help search for young families home lost in house fire on Go Fund Me