THERE are just a couple of days left to apply for thousands of pounds of heavily discounted advertising for the business community made available in a dynamic new partnership between the Dorset Echo and Dorset Council supported by the EU Regional Development Fund.

The campaign is called ‘Stay Local, Shop Local’ and aims to promote, support and revitalise the economy on Dorset’s high streets in the wake of the coronavirus crisis.

Dorset Council is working on a series of posters and images for businesses to utilise, further signage for the high streets, and details on our website about how to safely operate as the high streets reopen.

It is also investing in marketing and promotional opportunities for local businesses.

A spokesman said: "Dorset Council is working hard to support local businesses through the COVID-19 pandemic, so we are delighted to partner with the Dorset Echo to offer local businesses in the Dorset Council area with a great marketing opportunity, worth thousands of pounds."

Dorset Council will pay 75% of the value of this offer, with the 10 businesses in each category paying the remaining 25%. We have outlined the cost to the business with each package below.

This is a huge saving on the original advertising prices, offering businesses in Dorset the chance to advertise in a trusted local newspaper with the chance to reach thousands of people.

Dorset Echo/LOCALiQ Sales Director, Tracy Hayden said: “It is hugely important for us to be able to use our trusted brands to help businesses get their message out in these incredibly tough times."

She added: “Having a regular presence online is important as over 60% of online activity is now on a mobile device and we expect online purchasing to increase by 70% in the next 12 months.

"This unprecedented package backed by Dorset Council has the full weight of our trusted editorial team behind it and we will be featuring regular updates on what is happening in local high streets."

Gold package
• 110,000 digital ads delivered at anyone of our news websites including, or the
• Facebook ads that compliment the digital display creatives
• One front page ad or ¼ page in the front half of the paper alongside news
• 24 classified ads (50mm deep x 87mm wide)
• Permanent online listing Worth £960, cost to selected businesses: £125
Silver package
• 3,000 multi format digital ads delivered at anyone of our news websites including,, or the
• Two half page advertisements in anyone of the above titles
• Permanent online listing Worth £467, cost to selected businesses: £97.25
Bronze package
• 5,000 targeted multi format digital ads delivered at anyone of our news websites including,, or the
• 7,000 run of site digital ads delivered on one of the above news sites
• Facebook ad for 7 Days
• Permanent online listing
• 12 classified ads (50mm deep x 87mm wide) Worth £280, cost to selected businesses, £58.50
Cllr Gary Suttle, Dorset Council’s Portfolio Holder for Economic Growth and Skills, said: "Our message to residents is clear; staying local helps to limit the spread of COVID-19, and by shopping local we can support our valued, local high street shops.
"Dorset Council is working closely with town and parish councils, the BIDs and local businesses to ensure our high streets are safe and welcoming for shoppers.
"This offer with the Dorset Echo further underlines our commitment to supporting local businesses through this challenging time."
The Details
All applications need to be made by midnight Tuesday 30 June.
Advertising will appear throughout July and August.
If you do not make the final selection, we have negotiated valuable discounts for you to take advantage of.
Please email and quote Dorset Council offer with the package you are interested in applying for.
*The Echo will randomly select 10 qualifying businesses in each category across Dorset.
*Terms and conditions apply. To qualify, you must be a business owner with premises in the Dorset Council area.