A FIRE prevention online resource has been created to teach people about the dangers of fire in the home.

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service (DWFRS) has created the 'Hazard House' to help educate children and families about the importance of fire prevention.

A number of fire and additional hazards have been placed around the virtual Hazard House which have been labelled with information highlighting the risk of household items, such as overloaded plug sockets, overheated laptops and candles left unattended.

It also includes real life stories from people who have experienced house fires as well as links to further resources.

A spokesman for DWFRS said: "The house is designed so that people really think about their safety in each room of their own homes."

To take the virtual tour visit https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=wjppjqntUmu