A BLAZE broke out in the kitchen of a property today (Thursday, October 22). 

Two crews of firefighters from Dorchester and one crew from Weymouth were called to the property in Wareham Road in Owermoigne, just outside of Dorchester, at 1.08pm this afternoon.

The fire began in the kitchen of the property, caused by an electrical fault in the refrigerator.

Firefighters used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames and a ventilation fan to clear the smoke.

The fire was completely extinguished by 2.04pm. Both the occupant and their dog were safely outside by the time the fire crews arrived.