FIREFIGHTERS have been called to a blaze in the laundry room of a hotel.

Three fire engines were called to reports of a property fire on Main Street in West Lulworth at around 8.47pm yesterday.

Upon arrival, crews from Wareham, Bere Regis and Poole found a fire involving tea towels in the ground floor laundry room of the hotel.

Two firefighters wearing breathing kits used one hose reel jet to extinguish the flames and used positive pressure ventilation to clear the smoke.

A spokesman for Dorset and Wiltshire Fire Service said: "The fire involved numerous tea towels. We attended the scene and a crew wearing breathing apparatus from Wareham entered the property and quickly took control."

The crews returned to their stations at around 10pm.