TWO fire crews were sent to extinguish a kitchen fire in Puddletown in the early hours of this morning.

The crews were from Bere Regis and Dorchester and attended a fire involving a kitchen at a domestic property in The Moor.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using hose reel jets.

A spokesperson for Dorchester Fire station said: "At approximately 1.09am a crew from Dorchester were mobilised to a property fire in Puddletown.

"Upon arrival it was clear there was a well established fire that had originated in the kitchen and was spreading rapidly.

"The occupant of the house was safely outside. With our colleagues from Bere Regis Fire Station supporting us, we sent in two teams of breathing apparatus wearers with two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.

"Thankyou to Weymouth Fire Station for covering Dorchester on standby duties whilst we were busy."