FIREFIGHTERS were alerted after a tumble drier burst into flames.

One fire crew from Bridport was mobilised to the fire at a property in the town.

A spokesman for the team said: "Thankfully the property owners were home at the time and managed to move the drier outside before any major damaged was caused to their home.

"On arrival crews extinguished the still burning drier using one hose reel jet.

"It is recommended to never leave your appliance unattended or running overnight.

"As always, ensure you have working smoke alarms in your property.

"There are recalls for some tumble driers and washing machines."

For more information and a "how to" guide to check your machines follow the link