A GAS boiler caused a kitchen fire within a property in a scenic area of Dorset.

Crews from Portland and Weymouth Fire Station responded to reports of a gas boiler fire at a property on Portland Bill Road on Portland at 3.27pm on Monday (October 4).

Upon arrival, firefighters saw there was a fire in the kitchen caused by the boiler.

Firefighters were able to quickly isolate the gas and electrics before the blaze was extinguished using a CO2 extinguisher.

A spokeswoman for Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said crews left the scene after 3.47pm.

She said: “Crews from Portland and Weymouth were called to a property fire on Portland Bill Road at 3.27pm yesterday afternoon.

“Firefighters found a small fire in the kitchen involving a wall mounted gas boiler which they isolated and extinguished using a CO2 extinguisher.”