BRIAN Stock criticised Weymouth’s first-half display in the 3-0 loss to Bromley and admitted: “I saw a side to us that I didn’t particularly like”.

Defeat extended to six games the Terras’ winless run in the Vanarama National League.

In-form Michael Cheek grabbed his eighth goal of the season in the 10th minute and a myriad of defensive errors followed.

Bromley were gifted possession in dangerous areas on numerous occasions and hit the post through Corey Whitely.

Chris Bush then doubled the Ravens’ lead, spotting a gap at the near post and firing home despite the best effort of keeper Ross Fitzsimons.

Brandon Goodship went close for Weymouth in the second half but sub James Alabi netted a third soon after coming on, also hitting the post late on before Cheek had a goal ruled out for a foul.

After a disappointing evening, manager Stock told Echosport: “First half, a catalogue of errors. A tough one to take.

READ MORE: Bromley 3-0 Weymouth - match report

“I saw a side to us I didn’t particularly like. I felt we were making far too many errors. We got let off the hook a couple of times in the process.

“For me, the half-time talk was quite a simple one, to just go out and wear the shirt with pride.

“We’re in a sticky situation at the moment and the biggest thing when you’re in these situations is that you need to stick together.

“The lads certainly showed that in the second half. At 2-0 down we had a really good chance, if Brandon puts that away it could potentially have been a different game.

“Those are the sort of opportunities we need to make sure we capitalise on because at the moment we’re in a position where confidence will be low.”

Josh McQuoid won a corner for Weymouth in the first minute but Stock felt Bromley’s first goal then changed the complexion of the game.

He said: “First 10 minutes we started really bright, asked a question of them.

“Give Bromley credit, they counter-attack very quickly and they scored probably within three or four passes of us having a shot at goal.

“It almost knocked the stuffing out of us and gave them a lift.

“They pressed us quite high and we need to understand our passing options in order to play through the press or, if not, try and go over the top – we did that second half.”

Goodship’s chance was the only big save of note forced upon Mark Cousins and Stock felt the Terras did not threaten enough up front.

“We got into areas, I thought our final ball was poor,” he said.

“We had one or two opportunities to really get shots off and test the goalkeeper and we didn’t.

“Brandon’s missed a good opportunity and then Brad (Ash) has missed the follow-up, but we didn’t chuck the towel in. That’s pleasing for me.

“(The third goal) was similar to the first, we’ve not shut the back door, we’ve tried to go for the game.

“They’ve got quality up front, really good attacking options. They certainly punished us and were clinical.”

Weymouth now face a long trip to FC Halifax Town in league action on Saturday (3pm).