A fire broke out at a takeaway last night.

Firefighters rushed to West Bay shortly before 10pm after reports of a fire at Ships Galley.

Crews from Bridport, Charmouth and Beaminster were sent to the scene.

Dorset Echo:

It is believed the fire started accidentally after smoke and flames were seen coming out of a deep fat fryer, the fire service said.

A spokesperson for Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "We were called to North Side Basin, West Bay, at 9.55pm last night for a fire in a catering kiosk.

"Three crews attended and four breathing apparatus wearers used one hose reel jet and one main jet.

"It is believed the fire started accidentally."

A spokesperson for Charmouth Fire Station said: "Charmouth, Beaminster Fire Station and Bridport Fire Station were mobilised to a fish and chip kiosk fire at West Bay. Smoke and flames were issuing from some deep fat fryers.

"Crews got to work in breathing apparatus and were able to extinguish the fire quickly. The incident was scaled down and the Beaminster appliance stayed on scene to await the Fire Investigation Officer. Charmouth returned to the station shortly after midnight."