A fire which destroyed a building was caused by a faulty tumble dryer, it is believed.

Firefighters were called to Chideock yesterday evening where they found an outbuilding engulfed by flames.

Dorset Echo:

Picture: Bridport Fire Station

Both engines from Bridport were sent to tackle the blaze, which happened shortly before 6pm.

"On arrival, crews found a fully developed fire involving the entire outbuilding," said a fire service spokesperson.

"Crews used two hose reel jets, a thermal imaging camera, one triple extension ladder and small tools to extinguish the fire.

"The cause is believed to have been a faulty tumble drier."

Electrical Safety First maintains a register of all electrical products that have been recalled for safety reasons.

If you are concerned about the safety of a product that does not appear on this recall list, the fire service advises that you stop using it and make your concern known to the retailer, manufacturer or, if not known, your local Trading Standards office.