A MAN who was allegedly sexually assaulted as a teenager while he slept told a court how the ordeal left him feeling 'broken down' and suicidal.

Bournemouth Crown Court heard on Wednesday, August 9 that the alleged victim, who can't be named for legal reasons, now struggles with relationships as a result of what happened.

John Morrison, 29, is on trial for historic child sex abuse charges dating back to when he was 13.

He has denied seven charges - four counts of engaging in non-penetrative sexual activity with a boy between the ages of 13 and 15, and three counts of engaging in penetrative sexual activity with a boy between the ages of 13 and 15.

The offences are alleged to have taken place on Portland between September 4, 2007 and April 2, 2010.

Morrison, whose address was given as Crawriggs Avenue, Kirkintilloch, Scotland, would have been aged 13 at the start of the alleged offence range and 15 at the conclusion.

Prosecution barrister Paul Fairlee addressed the jury as the trial began.

Clips of police interviews with an alleged victim were also played in court, where he described his account of what Morrison reportedly did to him.

The jury heard that Morrison and the man were 14 at the time.

The allegation occured during a sleepover on Portland.

The man described how he awoke to find Morrison 'on his knees on the side of the bed' performing various sexual acts on him.

"It happened for a long time and I could not move, I just froze. I remember feeling really cold and shivering," he said.

"It finished when he decided it had and he returned to his top bunk. I definitely did not consent. 

"I remember seeing him the following morning and it was almost like it was two different people. I did not know what had happened. I felt embarrassed."

Prosecuter Mr Fairlee said it is difficult to 'put these things into a mental box and park them away', adding the man has been left 'broken down' and struggled with new relationships.

He has also undergone therapy before deciding to come forward to the police. 

Bournemouth Crown Court heard how the alleged victim later found Morrison on a dating app several years after the alleged incident, on which they briefly spoke after Morrison sent the first message.

"I was really shocked. I remember sitting there thinking 'what am I going to say'? This might be an opportunity to let him know that I know," the man said.

He attempted to message Morrison several times again after the exchange to seek answers but got 'no reply', the court heard.

Mr Fairlee urged the jury to 'try and keep emotions to one side' when making their judgement.

"We say [he is] incredibly believable, but you are the judges of the facts," Mr Fairlee said.

The trial continues.