A tumble dryer has caught fire at a property in Weymouth.

Fire crews were called to Lynch Lane at 3.52pm this afternoon to reports of an outbuilding fire.

Upon arrival, crews found a tumble dryer on fire.

A spokesperson for the Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Two crews from Weymouth were called to an incident on Lynch Lane at 3.52pm this afternoon, following reports of a fire involving an outbuilding.

"Firefighters found a fire involving a tumble dryer, which as extinguished by two breathing apparatus wearers using hose reel jets."

The stop - meaning that the incident is under control and no more resources are required - came in at 4.26pm.