Groups looking to apply for for grants for community or cultural projects are running out of time. 

Round 7 of Dorset Council’s Community & Culture Project Fund is still open for applications, but deadline is  fast approaching

This round of grants closes on Sunday June 9, so there are still a few weeks left to apply.

READ: Applications for Dorset Council Youth Grant in 2024 open

Not-for-profit groups meeting eligibility and funding criteria can apply for a grant of up to £5,000.

Dorset Council will fund up to 80 per cent of applicants' total project costs, with the expectation that those applying demonstrate how the remaining 20 per cent will be covered through additional grants, sponsorship, fundraising or partner contributions.

The grant fund is for one-off events; activities and specific cultural, sports and community project-based work in the Dorset Council area only.

READ: Dorset cultural attractions receive close to £500,000

New and emerging groups (who are less than 12 months old) can apply for a smaller grant of up to £1,500.

Priority will be given to projects supporting disadvantaged, marginalised or under-served groups in Dorset. 

So far this year, we have seen some fantastic projects get underway helped by the funding they need to thrive.

To find out more visit Community and Culture Project Fund webpage on the Dorset Council website.

The small grants fund will close midnight Sunday June 9. Decisions will be made in July 2024.

To check for eligibility or on how to apply contact Dorset Council at or the cultural team on