CRAWLEY TOWN 2 Dorchester TOWN 3

DORCHESTER Town upset high-flying Crawley as Jamie Brown's double strike secured all three points for the Magpies.

Danny O'Hagan gave the visitors the lead in the first-half before Charlie MacDonald leveled things up just after the break.

But an absolute screamer and a well-placed header from Brown made sure Mark Morris left the match the happier of the two managers, despite Paul Armstrong's late consolation.

The non-stop rain was always going to play a major factor on the game, with the playing surface causing the ball to stick when either of the two sides tried to play the ball on the ground.

But it was Dorchester who adapted quicker to the wet and slippery conditions.

The Magpies carved opened the first real chance of the match on nine minutes as Mark Rawlinson whipped in a cross to the back post where Brown was sliding in, but was always stretching and sent his shot wide.

Minutes later Mo Harkin slipped the ball through for Joff Vansittart to run on to, but Michael White was on hand to make a crucial block just as the Crawley striker was about to pull the trigger

Dorchester had a huge shout for a penalty on 18 minutes as Marc Pullan appeared to haul Matt Groves down in the box, but the referee waved play on.

It made no difference though as Justin Keeler put a cross into the danger area and O'Hagan dived in between two Crawley defenders to put the Magpies one-up.

But the goal only served as a wake-up call to Crawley who came close to equalising straight away with a Karl Ready header.

And then on 25 minutes Mo Harkin's 25-yard drive fizzed past the left post. Joff Vansittart then missed a golden opportunity as he crashed his shot against the woodwork from just four yards out, and Mark Ormerod had to be alert minutes later as he made an excellent save from MacDonald's close-range effort.

And Dorchester rode their luck again three minutes before the break as Alex Browne managed to get his body in the way of Kevin Hemsley's shot to clear off the line.

But Crawley finally managed to get that breakthrough four minutes into the second-half as MacDonald beat the offside trap to collect Harkin's lob over the defence, and he coolly beat Ormerod at his near post.

But within five minutes Dorchester regained the lead. A poor clearance from the Crawley defence allowed Brown to collect the loose ball and unleash a stinging 25 yarder which flew into the top left-hand corner, giving Arsenal loan keeper Craig Holloway no chance.

And on 64 minutes, Dorchester killed the game off. Matt Holmes whipped in a free-kick from the left and Brown timed his run to perfection to steal in and nod home at the near post.

Crawley desperately tried to claw themselves back into the match but they looked lost for ideas, and Dorchester were more than happy to sit back on their 3-1 lead.

Paul Armstrong managed to pull one back at the death with a header from Nigel Brake's cross with just a minute remaining, but it was too late.