DORCHESTER Town kicked off their Ability Counts season, with all three teams competing at a pre-season tournament in Blandford.

The Magpies’ Lulworth league team faced rivals Wimborne.

Dorchester started strongly and scored within the opening minutes.

Logan Legg was found in space and coolly drilled it forward to Dan Williamson who shot into an open net as the goalkeeper had dived early.

However, Wimborne struck back in the second half, Liam Thorne tapping the ball in on the line from a free-kick, and shortly after, Dorchester conceded another close-range shot.

Danny Kiys’ late attempt thundered against the post, but the game ended in defeat for Dorchester.

Their second fixture was against newly-promoted Dexters Sports.

Legg added flare to the Magpies’ attack, with his skill opening up the Dexters’ defence.

The first real effort was from a free-kick by captain Kevin Williamson on the halfway line.

The goalbound effort was tipped over the bar by the goalkeeper.

Legg then threaded the ball to substitute Kieron Eden, who slid an effort home from a tight angle.

Kiy doubled the Magpies’ lead, striking from range, with the goalkeeper rooted to the spot.

Tensions were high and Dexters went a man down as their captain was sent off for dissent as the game finished 2-0.

Dorchester’s Durdle Door side also played Wimborne.

Jack Rose gave away possession from a throw in, and the resulting counter attack led to a goal from Luke Coakes, putting it high beyond keeper David Taylor.

Dorchester found a way back into the game when interplay between midfielders saw Tom Best’s cross flicked in at the back post by captain Emil Woodstock.

The Magpies went ahead when Kieran Pitman chipped the ball into Rose. Rose’s effort was parried by the goalkeeper, but turned in by Leon Richer.

Dorchester were put under pressure in the second half but nearly scored a third on the break, finding space frequently on the right wing. Richer had the final effort when a long throw-in from Woodstock played Richer through but the goalkeeper came out to parry the ball.

Their next fixture was against Parley Sports.

The Magpies scored in the opening moments, with Rose guiding the ball home but the goal was disallowed due to an injury to a Parley player.

Richer connected well with his strike partner Rose and gifted him a tap-in, with a low cross converted at the back post.

A last-ditch tackle from Woodstock halted the only dangerous play by Parley in the first half.

Matt Dale came close to a goal when a long throw in by Woodstock found the striker. The effort was punched over.

The Magpies were attacking heavily but could only find a second goal with 30 seconds to go.

Woodstock intercepted a goal kick, then laid it off for Rose to strike home a second across the goalkeeper’s right. It finished 2-0.

Their final game was against Poole Town Wessex.

The game was tight, with no real chance for either team.

The Magpies were relying on set-pieces, and Poole, their pace on the break. The final kick provided the only goal as Richer launched the ball into the box and Dale turned it in, volleying it in from close range.

Dorchester’s Kixstart also had an impressive start to their season, beating Parley Angels, Parley Bobcats, and Poole Town and Headway.

The season kicks off later this month.