Neufville 15, Skendi 19, Quigley 88 pen

WEYMOUTH were well beaten 3-0 by Yeovil Town as their hotly-awaited derby turned into a procession at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

Weymouth could not live with Yeovil in the opening 19 minutes as Josh Neufville and Albi Skendi fired sweet low strikes into the bottom-right corner.

Weymouth did little to trouble Yeovil all game, Josh McQuoid heading wide in the second half, and a late Joe Quigley penalty added gloss to the scoreline for the visitors after Jake McCarthy saw red.

It was a highly disappointing evening for Weymouth boss Brian Stock, who made two changes to the side that drew 1-1 with Eastleigh on Saturday.

In came goalkeeper Ethan Ross for his debut after joining on loan from Lincoln City, Jack Bycroft returning to parent club Southampton.

Josh Wakefield also stepped up from the bench to replace forward Jack Hoey, who started in the dugout.

On the bench, Andy Robinson was fit enough for a place in the matchday 16, while Zaid Al-Hussaini missed out after returning to parent club Crawley Town.

Centre-back Corey Jordan has also returned to Bournemouth following his loan spell.

The defender had been struggling with concussion for the past few games but decided against extending his spell.

This game between the two sides was the first competitive fixture since a meeting in the FA Trophy in 1999.

Not since the old Vauxhall Conference in 1989 had the teams contested a league game, with Yeovil coming out 2-0 winners.

And 32 years on, history looked like repeating itself as new signing Reuben Reid, on his return to Yeovil, netted with a header only for his effort to be ruled out for offside just 90 seconds in.

Quigley was next to try his luck, testing Ross with a low shot in the fourth minute.

Yeovil were dominant in the early stages and saw Luke Wilkinson smack a free-kick into the wall before Weymouth earned a foul for shirt-pulling on Sean Shields.

From the free-kick, Weymouth pumped the ball long and Yeovil cleared to instigate a rapid break which ended with Reid blazing high.

But 15 minutes in the Glovers got the goal their bright start deserved when Quigley’s cushioned pass and Matthew Worthington’s resulting offload set up Neufville to drill home a crisp 25-yard strike into the bottom corner.

Weymouth responded with their first attack but Calvin Brooks’ cross could not pick out the lurking Shields at the back post.

Ominously, Yeovil added a second in the 19th minute as Weymouth again failed to deal with a long ball, Reid bringing the ball down for Skendi to slam low into the bottom-right corner from 25 yards.

Weymouth, who were poor in the first half hour, did improve as the half wore on but could only muster a wayward shot at goal from Shields.

Reid wasted two good chances for 3-0 as Yeovil resumed their control, Camp making a superb tackle to rob him of the first opportunity before he flashed the second well over.

Weymouth’s longest spell of pressure culminated in Cody Cooke’s heavy touch finding the gloves of Adam Smith – who touched the ball for the first time in the second added minute.

Quigley helped Yeovil make the more assertive start to the second half with a firm shot beaten away by Ross.

Soon afterwards, smart play by Terras’ skipper McQuoid earned a free-kick 20 yards out only for McCarthy to find the wall.

Weymouth’s best move of the game to date followed as Brooks stood up a cross for McQuoid to nod wide at the back post.

McQuoid was then booked for diving in the area, seconds after Brooks was clattered into, as the Terras saw two penalty appeals waved away.

Camp suffered a nasty blow to the head before Yeovil sub Emmanuel Sonupe stabbed wide from 15 yards.

Yeovil had by now eased off the gas but Weymouth still could not work Smith as the hosts were bereft of any cohesion and creativity up front.

It was instead Yeovil who came closer to scoring, when Neufville curled wide.

And the visitors got the third goal their performance merited when McCarthy brought sub Chris Dagnall down in the area for a penalty and red card.

Quigley stepped up to clinically fire into the top-right corner past Ross as Yeovil put the icing on their derby cake, inflicting an 11th Vanarama National League loss of the season on the Terras.

Terras: Ross, Camp, Wakefield, Ngalo, McCarthy, McQuoid, Brooks, Cooke, Murray (Santos 81), Harfield, Shields. Subs not used: Benfield, Dickson, Robinson, Hoey.

Yeovil: Smith, Dickinson, Wilkinson, Worthington, D'Ath, Skendi (Sonupe 65), Quigley, Neufville (Knowles 83), Hunt, Bradley, Reid (Dagnall 78). Subs not used: Warburton, Palmer.

Referee: Sunny Gill