Dallas 3 pen, 7


Kizzi 33

WEYMOUTH survived intense late pressure to beat Bromley 2-1 and escape the Vanarama National League relegation zone.

In an action-packed encounter at the Bob Lucas Stadium, Andy Dallas won and scored a penalty before tapping home a second in the seventh minute.

Bromley rallied and made it 2-1 through Joe Kizzi before a dramatic second half.

Chris Bush earned two quick yellows for the visitors who ended up with nine men as Charlie Wakefield deservedly saw red for pushing Brennan Camp in the throat.

Weymouth finished with 10 men amid huge Bromley pressure for an equaliser, Jordan Ngalo earning two bookings, before the Terras nervily saw out the game to move into 20th above King’s Lynn.

Weymouth boss Brian Stock made two changes to the side that began the 1-0 loss to Boreham Wood on Tuesday night.

Calvin Brooks came in for Josh McQuoid, while Joan Luque replaced the benched Pierre Fonkeu.

Gerard Benfield, Andy Robinson and Cameron Murray retained their places in the matchday squad.

They were joined by the returning striker Ben Thomson, who shook off a niggling ankle injury to take his seat in the dugout.

In the reverse fixture, Weymouth took the lead and Stock’s Terras repeated that feat as early as the third minute in a lightning-fast start.

Luque, shifted into an attacking midfield spot with skipper Josh McQuoid out injured, played a lovely ball into Dallas and the striker raced through on goal.

His initial touch seemed heavy but his pace won the second touch, beating keeper Mark Cousins who felled the striker for a clear penalty, clinically converted by Dallas into the top-right corner.

Bromley responded well and caused nerves in the Weymouth box with their first attack, Jacob Mensah positioned well to clear.

Seconds later, Weymouth doubled their advantage as Sean Shields’ ball in found the undetected Dallas to nudge home six yards out with spin on the ball.

Such was the spin imparted, the linesman on the near side flagged for a goal-kick before realising Dallas’ strike was legitimate.

Weymouth looked red-hot on the counter and Dallas found himself one on one with the last man, before supplying Luque for a blocked shot.

As Bromley grew into the half, Brennan Camp was called upon to make a crucial block from Jack Bridge.

Weymouth still carried menace, though, and nearly added a third when Mensah ghosted in at the back post, narrowly failing to connect with Shields’ corner.

Bromley’s first shot came in the 25th minute through National League top scorer Michael Cheek, who rifled over from 25 yards.

Luque and Jake McCarthy both went close for Weymouth before Cheek’s low drive was athletically tipped wide by Ross.

Moments later, though, Bromley reduced the deficit as Bush’s long throw sailed into a static Weymouth box, right-back Kizzi capitalising to volley in from six yards.

Luque spurned a good chance amid intense Bromley pressure late in the half, which continued into the second period as McCarthy made a late lunging block to deny Ben Williamson.

Edgy home defending continued as Jack Bridge then curled low at Ross, who was on top form to thwart the Bromley winger.

However, a pivotal moment in the 54th minute plunged Bromley’s comeback into the mud as Bush picked up two quick yellows for petty fouls on Camp and Brooks.

Camp then headed a stunning chance wide from six yards, which would have made Weymouth’s afternoon a lot easier.

As it was, Bush’s dismissal starved Bromley of the long-throw threat they had relied upon.

Yet, with ex-Yeovil forward Courtney Duffus and Jack Holland replacing Williamson and Bridge, they still possessed weapons.

The visitors piled on serious pressure with two Frankie Raymond free-kicks, but Weymouth dug deep to ward off the danger, Robinson replacing Luque meanwhile.

Bromley, who still looked dominant with 10 men, made their task doubly difficult as Wakefield appeared to grab Camp by the throat for a second red card. Camp was then booked for his tackle, which sparked the bust-up.

Even that did not deter the visitors, who piled forward regardless.

Weymouth doggedly scrambled clear another attack and Shields found Harfield on the overlap only for the left-back to fire at Cousins as Weymouth wasted a four-on-two situation.

As the Terras continued to sit back, Ngalo saw yellow for a second time having seemed to win the ball, spelling red after earlier tripping Duffus.

Weymouth, both riddled with nerves and fatigue, struggled to hold on but a late break from Brooks in the 96th minute drew a foul after which the referee blew for full-time to confirm a third home league win of the season.

Terras: Ross, Camp, Ngalo, McCarthy, Brooks, Dallas (Thomson 74), Mensah, Revan, Harfield, Luque (Robinson 68), Shields. Subs not used: Benfield, Murray, Fonkeu.

Bromley: Cousins, Kizzi, Bush, Raymond, Cheek, Roberts, Maloney (Alabi 83), Webster, Williamson (Duffus 60), C Wakefield, Bridge (Holland 62). Subs not used: Purrington, Vincent.

Referee: Robert Ellis-Massey