ANDY Dallas missed a second-half penalty as Weymouth were held 0-0 by Solihull Moors in the Vanarama National League.

Dallas elected for power over placement in rifling his spot-kick against the bar in the 53rd minute after a foul by Nathan Cameron.

In the first half, Kyle Hudlin hit the bar for Moors and Calvin Brooks spurned two good chances as neither side could break the deadlock.

After the majority of the 23 National League clubs voted to continue the season, Weymouth made just one change as the suspended Jordan Ngalo missed out.

He was replaced by Andy Robinson as boss Brian Stock kept faith with the rest of the starting XI that began the 2-1 win over Bromley two weeks ago.

On the bench, there was no goalkeeper for Weymouth with Gerard Benfield absent from the squad.

Harrison Bruton, on loan at Bridport, helped Ethan Ross warm up along with coach Robbie Yates.

Elsewhere, striker Cody Cooke and centre-back Josh Leslie-Smith came in to fill the void in the dugout left by Robinson and Benfield.

With top scorer Josh McQuoid still out, Brooks was pushed forward onto the right wing and Joan Luque retained his place in a central attacking midfield role.

In a ding-dong start to the game, neither side could maintain possession until Moors won an eighth-minute corner.

Although headed away, Ollie Harfield blocked Kyle Storer’s drive for a second corner which Hudlin – the UK’s tallest outfield player at 6ft 9in – nodded against the bar from six yards.

Solihull, who boasted ex-Aberdeen striker Adam Rooney in their line-up, created a chance two minutes later as Cameron Coxe side-footed wide from 12 yards.

Weymouth only had an overhit Harfield free-kick to show for their efforts as Solihull had clearly done their homework on shutting off the Terras’ outlets.

But it was the Terras who registered the first shot at goal as Jake McCarthy’s long ball held up in the wind, allowing Brooks to race clear and shoot at Ryan Boot when he might have scored.

Weymouth were beginning to establish themselves as McCarthy headed at Boot from 18 yards, before Brooks somehow skewed a golden chance wide six yards out.

Moors responded by smuggling the ball into the net after a foul, before ex-Ireland international Stephen Gleeson curled weakly at Ross from 25 yards.

Weymouth ended the half with two corners but Luque could only punt wide from 20 yards as the teams went into the break level.

Solihull waited five minutes after the restart before bringing off Hudlin for Joe Sbarra, and seconds later the visitors conceded a penalty when Cameron’s clumsy tackle felled Dallas from behind.

The striker, who extended his loan from Cambridge United in midweek, opted for power and slammed the spot-kick against the bar as Solihull survived.

Weymouth rebuilt in the next 10 minutes after that miss but Sbarra looked lively and the Moors’ winger forced a brilliant clearance from Camp who bravely headed behind under duress from Callum Maycock.

Solihull could not create an opening from the corner and it was Weymouth who pressured next in an open second half when Cameron was booked for another foul on Dallas.

Robinson presided over the free-kick but referee Aaron Jackson, who at times was more than pedantic, blew his whistle for a minor infringement as soon as Robinson struck the set-piece.

Brooks then hurtled forward and flicked to Dallas in the area but the striker could only poke a tricky chance at goal on the stretch.

Stock introduced Cooke for Luque for fresh legs up top, while Justin Donawa came on for Coxe in the visitors’ second change.

And Ross had to be alert to tip clear a Jordan Cranston effort, before Donawa was booked for a silly foul near the touchline as the game came towards a scrappy close.

Ben Thomson got five minutes late on at the expense of Dallas, while Donawa flashed a curler over from 25 yards as both teams went for the win.

Solihull won a succession of free-kicks and corners in stoppage-time but Weymouth – marshalled by the excellent Harfield – held firm to claim a point and a clean sheet.

Terras: Ross, Camp, McCarthy, Robinson, Brooks, Dallas (Thomson 85), Mensah, Revan, Harfield, Luque (Cooke 73), Shields. Subs not used: Leslie-Smith, Murray, Fonkeu.

Solihull Moors: Boot, Williams, Cranston, Storer, Gleeson, Rooney, Coxe (Donawa 73), Maycock, Howkins, Hudin (Sbarra 51), Cameron. Subs not used: Gudger, Clayton, Piggott.

Referee: Aaron Jackson