McQuoid 21, Camp 59, Shields 82, 83


WEYMOUTH hammered fellow promoted side Wealdstone 4-0 at the Bob Lucas Stadium to record their biggest win under boss Brian Stock.

Josh McQuoid headed his seventh goal of the season in the 21st minute before an ecstatic Brennan Camp struck his first Weymouth goal after the restart.

Two well-taken goals inside a minute from Sean Shields added gloss to the scoreline to sink a fiery Stones who were lucky not to have two players sent off.

READ MORE: Weymouth 4-0 Wealdstone - how it happened

Facing a Wealdstone side now winless in 10 away Vanarama National League games, Stock made two changes to the side that began the 1-1 draw at Dagenham.

Calvin Brooks and Sean Shields returned to the starting XI after overcoming ankle injuries.

They came in at the expense of Pierre Fonkeu, who dropped to the bench, and Joan Luque, who missed out from the squad entirely.

Josh Leslie-Smith gave up his squad place to Jordan Ngalo.

For Wealdstone, debutant Riley-Jay Harbottle came into defence with striker Ross Lafayette replacing Danny Parish.

Wealdstone beat Weymouth in a 4-3 thriller at the Bob Lucas Stadium last season and doubled up earlier this campaign with a 2-1 victory at Grosvenor Vale.

And the Stones duly started strongly with some direct play in what was a scrappy opening.

Weymouth did relieve the early pressure and their first attack nearly yielded a goal as Shields’ deflected strike earned a corner from which McQuoid glanced a header wide.

Wealdstone then presented Andy Dallas with a chance from a charge down but the striker ran wide and failed to pick out McQuoid – much to the captain’s disgust.

Weymouth wasted two set-pieces before Harbottle spurned Wealdstone’s best chance of the half when he got in a tangle and missed a header, striking the ball with his heel.

A major flashpoint of the game occurred in the 18th minute when Lafayette somehow avoided any punishment from referee Thomas Parsons for swinging an arm at Camp.

It followed a good chance for Shields, whose shot was cleared off the line, rebounding off Dallas before keeper Harvey Isted pushed clear.

Justice was served three minutes later when Weymouth took the lead.

Shields’ lobbed ball in cleared everyone bar McQuoid who ran onto the cross to bury a header from three yards.

Dorset Echo: Josh McQuoid, centre left, opened the scoring for Weymouth Picture: MARK PROBINJosh McQuoid, centre left, opened the scoring for Weymouth Picture: MARK PROBIN

Dallas was halted by a last-ditch prostrate tackle in search of number two before Dom Revan got forward to supply the forward with a low volley which the Scot hammered out of the ground.

Dallas, who had struggled up to then, improved his display by winning a header and freeing McQuoid for a low shot from 20 yards.

Wealdstone had offered little in attack and resorted to two identical shots from 30 yards as Alex Dyer and Jacob Mendy harmlessly found the gloves of Ethan Ross.

Before half-time another poor decision from referee Parsons saw Revan booked for a trip on Lafayette, when Camp was the clear culprit.

Wealdstone began the second half with more intent but Dennon Lewis and Ashley Charles could only hoist wild efforts over.

They were quickly followed by Andy Robinson’s slashed effort which landed in the old speedway track moments before Weymouth doubled their lead.

The Terras converted a spell of pressure as a deflected cross looped for Camp to run on to and plant a firm volley past Isted for his first Weymouth goal.

Dorset Echo: Portland-raised Brennan Camp scored his first Weymouth goal Picture: MARK PROBINPortland-raised Brennan Camp scored his first Weymouth goal Picture: MARK PROBIN

Wealdstone brought on Ryan Gondoh and Connor Smith for Mendy and Alex Charles before Gondoh teed up Lewis to curl just over the far angle.

Stones’ top scorer Parish replaced Lewis before Harbottle headed at Ross for his first serious save of the afternoon.

Ben Thomson replaced Dallas with 18 minutes remaining but Wealdstone still carried a threat as Parish directed a firm header at Ross despite being 20 yards out.

Weymouth brought off Brooks for Fonkeu and the Terras soon iced the three points with two goals in a minute.

Shields used Fonkeu’s central run as a decoy before firing at goal, a deflection taking it beyond Isted into the far corner.

Dorset Echo: Sean Shields, left, scored twice late on to seal the resounding victory Picture: MARK PROBINSean Shields, left, scored twice late on to seal the resounding victory Picture: MARK PROBIN

Just 45 seconds later McQuoid ran through on goal and was repelled by Isted but the looping rebound was volleyed neatly home by Shields to cap an excellent win for the Terras.

Terras: Ross, Camp, McCarthy, McQuoid (Ngalo 85), Robinson, Brooks (Fonkeu 81), Dallas (Thomson 72), Mensah, Revan, Harfield, Shields. Subs not used: Benfield, Wakefield.

Wealdstone: Isted, Mendy (Smith 59), Okimo, Cawley, Harbottle, Charles (Gondoh 59), Dyer, Phillips, Lafayette, Green, Lewis (Parish 68). Subs not used: Askew, Hearn.

Referee: Thomas Parsons