WEYMOUTH manager Brian Stock believes substitutions “changed the game” in the Terras’ sensational 2-1 Vanarama National League victory over Maidenhead United.

After a low-quality first half, the game exploded into life when the Magpies’ Sam Barratt scored directly from a corner.

In the 57th minute, Manny Parry was sent off for a two-footed lunge on Pierre Fonkeu – despite winning the ball – to change the momentum of the contest.

A flat Weymouth looked like going empty-handed but Sean Shields’ cross drifted into the far corner before Andy Dallas won and converted a 96th-minute penalty to snatch the points.

The only regret from this result was that fans were not present at the Bob Lucas Stadium to witness it.

But that did not stop Stock from praising subs Cameron Murray and Josh Wakefield, the latter’s long ball setting up Dallas to win the decisive penalty.

Post-match, he said: “We left it late but the impact from the substitutions, especially after the sending off, completely changed the game.

“We stuck to the task.

“I didn’t feel we were at our best but we always have that other side of our game to fall back on.

“Our quality in the final third was lacking at times, but credit to the players for giving everything they’ve got right to the last minute.”

READ MORE: Match report - Dallas hits 96th-minute winner

READ MORE: Weymouth 2-1 Maidenhead - how it happened

With the exception of a curling effort at Maidenhead goalkeeper Taye Ashby-Hammond, Dallas was a peripheral figure for much of the game.

But the Scot, on loan from Cambridge United, turned up when needed to dispatch his seventh goal of an impressive spell.

Stock said: “I’m pleased for Andy, because he’s gone four games without scoring but his work rate is second to none.

“I’m pleased he put the penalty away with quite a bit of pressure on him. That speaks volumes.”

On Murray and Wakefield, Stock said: “That was my message at full-time. When the team are playing well, sometimes you have to bide your time and take your opportunity.

“Josh and Cam definitely did that, they both made an impact, brought an intensity to the game and a little bit of quality that we were lacking to unlock a stern, hard-working Maidenhead defence.”

On the two freak goals, Stock said: “It’s not like us to concede from set-pieces.

“Normally we have that near post covered. I’ll have to look back at it. I think Ollie (Harfield) has just left a little space for the ball to go in.

“With Sean, he’s crossed but I’m sure he’ll say he meant that.”

There was bad news for Weymouth before kick-off as Brennan Camp pulled up with a hamstring niggle, Pierre Fonkeu promoted to start from the bench.

Stock said: “Brennan was complaining with his hamstring. We tried to give him as much time as he could to get himself ready for the game, but it wasn’t to be.”

Finally, Stock offered a diplomatic assessment of Parry’s red card. Referee Tom Bishop had indicated his challenge was studs-up and off the floor.

“I’ll have to look at it again, in particular the red card,” Stock said.

“I felt there was inconsistency throughout the game and Maidenhead might feel aggrieved with some of the decisions.”