Richards-Everton 34, Adeloye 78

WEYMOUTH crashed to a dismal 2-0 Vanarama National League defeat against bottom side Barnet, who ended with 10 men.

Off the pace from the start, the Terras looked jaded during their third game in seven days as Ben Richards-Everton prodded the Bees in front.

Anthony Wordsworth saw red for a sliding tackle on Ollie Harfield but a terrible header from the left-back allowed Tomi Adeloye to seal victory following a 70-yard sprint at goal.

READ MORE: Weymouth 0-2 Barnet - how it happened

Prior to a defeat as poor as the home losses to Yeovil and Aldershot, Weymouth made four changes from the side that beat Woking 4-2 just 48 hours earlier.

Goalscorers in Surrey - midfielders Jake McCarthy and Sean Shields - dropped to the bench along with defender Brennan Camp.

Midfielder Andy Robinson missed out from the squad entirely.

Jack Dickson earned his first start since returning from flexi-furlough and was joined by midfielders Cameron Murray, Jordan Ngalo and Josh McQuoid.

McQuoid claimed his first start since returning from an ankle injury, while Dickson surprisingly lined up at right-back with Calvin Brooks more advanced on the wing.

Dorset Echo: Jack Dickson, left, made his first start after returning from furlough Picture: MARK PROBINJack Dickson, left, made his first start after returning from furlough Picture: MARK PROBIN

Barnet fielded Weymouth talent Adam Parkes in goal after his emergency loan from parent club Watford.

Little did Parkes know he would not have a save to make as Weymouth delivered a woeful opening half.

Barnet settled into their work early with industrious defence supplemented by eager attack, forcing Weymouth into a succession of aimless long balls.

Weymouth keeper Ethan Ross had to be alert to tip clear a rising Sam Skeffington drive before centre-back Ben Morgan hobbled off with a hamstring strain in the 13th minute.

Terras’ boss Brian Stock elected to replace him with McCarthy despite having recognised defenders Camp and Josh Leslie-Smith at his disposal.

Ross was far busier than Parkes and had to show caution with two excellent saves in a minute from Ephron Mason-Clark, the latter from close range.

Weymouth’s sloppiness was in stark contrast to their impressive win at Woking and they were finally punished in the 34th minute.

Dickson, with time and space, somehow elected to head into midfield and then gave away a free-kick in his haste to retrieve the situation.

The set-piece led to the opening goal as Wordsworth’s cleared free-kick was drilled back in for Richards-Everton to touch home from six yards – despite calls for offside.

Two minutes later Brooks sliced Weymouth’s best chance horribly wide before Andy Dallas saw a shot blocked as the Terras showed minor improvements.

Dorset Echo: Calvin Brooks was denied by Weymouth-bred Adam Parkes Picture: MARK PROBINCalvin Brooks was denied by Weymouth-bred Adam Parkes Picture: MARK PROBIN

Stock removed a below-par Ngalo for Camp at half-time and swapped Dickson with Brooks at right-back.

Weymouth continued to let themselves down in the first five minutes of the half as poor defending allowed Tomi Adeloye a sight of goal, only for Ross to fall on a weak 20-yard effort.

However, the Terras were handed a route back into the game courtesy of a controversial red card.

Wordsworth chased down Harfield and slid in with his studs up, appearing to win the ball.

Referee Lloyd Wood adhered to the letter of the law and ruled his challenge had endangered Harfield, leaving little alternative but to brandish a red card.

Weymouth assumed control of possession immediately but found their path to goal blocked by a well-organised Barnet.

Stock reacted by bringing off Dickson for Shields with 25 minutes to go and his class shone just 30 seconds after being introduced.

A curling, dipping cross was allowed to bounce in the area and Parkes had to react quickly to a diving header from Brooks.

Adeloye blazed over on the break for Barnet in reply as the visitors continued to look comfortable even with 10 men.

But the forward made no mistake 12 minutes from time after Harfield’s calamitous backward header in windy conditions allowed Adeloye a free run at goal 70 yards out before slipping the ball home past Ross.

Dorset Echo: Ollie Harfield's bad mistake led to Barnet's second goal Picture: MARK PROBINOllie Harfield's bad mistake led to Barnet's second goal Picture: MARK PROBIN

Weymouth remained in 18th after defeats for the teams immediately around them.

Terras: Ross, Ngalo (Camp 46), McQuoid, Dickson (Shields 65), Morgan (McCarthy 13), Brooks, Dallas, Mensah, Murray, Harfield, Worman. Subs not used: Leslie-Smith, Fonkeu.

Barnet: Parkes, Vaughan, Richard-Everton, Nugent, McQueen, Mason-Clark (Baker-Richardson 87), Kefalas, Skeffington, Taylor, Wordsworth, Adeloye (Petrasso 87). Subs not used: Callan, Preston, Vasiliou.

Referee: Lloyd Wood