Walker 21, Wright 55, 77, McCallum 84


Leslie-Smith 5, Ash 40 pen

DAGENHAM & Redbridge twice came from behind to beat Weymouth 4-2 in an eventful Vanarama National League contest at Victoria Road.

Josh Leslie-Smith’s well-taken header and a Brad Ash penalty either side of Josh Walker’s equaliser gave the Terras a 2-1 half-time lead.

But three unanswered goals in the second half, Will Wright bagging a brace and Paul McCallum a late header, gave the hosts victory to preserve their place at the league summit.

The Terras made just one alteration to the XI that began the 1-1 draw with Notts County, with Andreas Robinson dropping to the bench in favour of Taofiq Olomowewe.

That meant a formation change for the Terras, with Olomowewe's fellow centre-backs Tyler Cordner and Ben Morgan also selected as part of a back five.

READ MORE: Dagenham & Redbridge 4-2 Weymouth - how it happened

On the bench there was just the one new face, with skipper Josh McQuoid fit enough to travel after overcoming a virus – not related to Covid-19.

On Weymouth’s previous visit to Dagenham in March, a 92nd-minute Jake McCarthy goal gave the Terras a point.

And it took just five minutes for Brian Stock’s men to take the lead on their return to Victoria Road.

Sean Shields was released into space on the left and his cross was cleared only as far as Ollie Harfield, whose secondary ball was nodded home by Leslie-Smith for the defender’s second goal in two away games.

Dagenham replied with Josh Walker and Myles Weston shots as the hosts, who came into this game as league leaders, began to push Weymouth back after their good start.

George Saunders was particularly effective on the wing and his driving run earned a corner from which Dagenham equalised in the 21st minute.

As the delivery came in, Weymouth allowed Walker, one of the smallest players on the pitch, to head home unmarked.

Dagenham enjoyed a purple patch after the goal as Matt Robinson fired a rasping effort wide.

Weymouth responded when Omar Mussa’s cheeky skill earning a corner and five minutes before half-time the Terras won a penalty for a clear handball in the box.

Ash stepped up to take it perfectly into the side of the net, evading the dive of Elliot Justham who guessed correctly but was still powerless to keep the spot-kick out.

Ash may have given Weymouth the lead at half-time but Dagenham needed just 10 minutes of the second half to draw level.

Myles Weston brought a fabulous tip-over from Ross Fitzsimons but from the resultant corner Daggers’ captain Wright slammed home through a crowd of bodies.

Weymouth opted for a first change on the hour when Ben Morgan, appearing to struggle with fatigue, was replaced by Andy Robinson.

Seconds later, Ash slid in and just failed to make contact with a teasing low Shields delivery across the box.

Weymouth boss Brian Stock made a double substitution five minutes later, Cam Murray and Mussa coming off for McQuoid and Brandon Goodship.

Midway through the half, Walker crashed a shot into the side netting and Weymouth’s next opening came when Goodship elected to shoot despite two supporting runs.

Weston, a constant threat with his pace, then fizzed in a low ball across the box which Fitzsimons did well to push round for a corner.

However, Wright sent the ball high into the air and the trajectory deceived everyone before nestling in the far corner in the 77th minute.

Dagenham’s Matt Robinson went close as the hosts relentlessly chased a fourth to put the game to bed.

It was a case of mission accomplished for the Daggers when McCallum’s diving header past Fitzsimons sealed the points in the 84th minute.

Dagenham’s win was their fifth of the season, with Weymouth placed in 11th following a defeat which ended a run of three games unbeaten.

Dagenham: Justham, Wright, Reynolds, Johnson, Saunders, Ling, M Robinson, Vilhete, Weston, Walker (Wilson 80), McCallum. Subs not used: Rance, Clark, Sagaf, Phipps.

Terras: Fitzsimons, Morgan (A Robinson 59), Cordner, Mussa (McQuoid 64), Ash, Bearwish, Leslie-Smith, Murray (Goodship 64), Harfield, Olomowewe, Shields. Subs not used: Brooks, Rose.

Referee: Robert Whitton

Attendance: 1,240