Olomowewe 62


Colclough 34, 60, Kosylo 57, 89

TEN-MAN Weymouth suffered another heavy loss in difficult circumstances as Altrincham claimed a 4-1 win at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

Having competed well in the opening exchanges, Weymouth's afternoon deteriorated when Tom Bearwish was sent off for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity for Matty Kosylo.

Ryan Colclough curled the visitors in front and grabbed his brace with a superb strike in the second half after Kosylo bundled home.

Taofiq Olomowewe's maiden goal for Weymouth proved in vain as Kosylo made it four a minute from time.

Weymouth boss Brian Stock made five changes to the side that began the 4-0 loss at leaders Chesterfield last Saturday.

READ MORE: Weymouth 1-4 Altrincham - how it happened

Ollie Harfield was suspended following his red card, while Ben Morgan, Ben Thomson, Omar Mussa and Andreas Robinson missed out.

Martell Taylor-Crossdale and Tom Blair came in for their first starts, the latter making his debut.

Dorset Echo: Tom Blair made his Weymouth debut Picture: MARK PROBINTom Blair made his Weymouth debut Picture: MARK PROBIN

Taylor-Crossdale earned his maiden start having made four substitute appearances thus far.

Brandon Goodship, Sean Shields and Cameron Murray were the other new starters.

Robinson, Mussa and Morgan dropped to the bench, while Brad Ash and Ahkeem Rose made up the rest of the dugout.

Looking to move on quickly from the heavy loss at leaders Chesterfield last time out, Weymouth had the first shot on target.

Blair won a corner from which Olomowewe headed Shields’ delivery straight at a grateful Tony Thompson in the Alty goal.

Blair was involved again on 10 minutes, winning a corner after Bearwish’s bursting run, only for Josh Leslie-Smith to be penalised for a push.

Altrincham then began to claw a foothold in the game when Danny Whitehead shanked over and Dan Mooney brought a solid stop from Weymouth keeper Ross Fitzsimons.

Goodship was lively early on and his alertness to pounce on a loose ball resulted in Weymouth’s next shot, Thompson getting down well to save the striker’s shot at the near post.

Blair won a third corner of the match for Weymouth – but critically the set-piece resulted in the hosts being reduced to 10 men.

When Alty cleared Shields’ corner there seemed no danger, only for an untimely slip by Bearwish to put Kosylo clean through 50 yards out.

Bearwish recovered well but a clever dart across the defender by Kosylo drew minimal and unintentional contact, referee Daniel Lamport brandishing red for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Kosylo curled the free-kick wide and Mooney volleyed over as the hosts assumed complete control.

Weymouth’s reshuffled pack saw Blair filling in at right-back for Bearwish but Colclough exploited the cover as he dissected a gap between Blair and Shields to skip into the area before curling a fine shot into the far corner.

Kosylo volleyed wide before a Goodship corner came to nothing as a rare glimmer petered out for the hosts.

That impression changed when a searching run and cross from Leslie-Smith nearly connected with Taylor-Crossdale.

Dorset Echo: Martell Taylor-Crossdale made his first start for the club Picture: MARK PROBINMartell Taylor-Crossdale made his first start for the club Picture: MARK PROBIN

Alty continued to dominate after the break as Kosylo forced Fitzsimons into a good save and Marcus Dinanga cracked an effort against the far post.

Altrincham made it 2-0 in the 57th minute, sparking a mad five-minute flurry of three goals.

The outstanding winger capitalised on a fine Fitzsimons save from sub Tom Peers to force his effort through the Weymouth keeper.

Colclough then made it 3-0 on the hour when he darted inside from the right and lashed home just inside the far corner, leaving Fitzsimons little chance.

Weymouth pulled a consolation back courtesy of Olomowewe’s first goal for the club, his looping header from a short corner going in off the bar.

Dorset Echo: Taofiq Olomowewe, second right, scored his first Weymouth goal Picture: MARK PROBINTaofiq Olomowewe, second right, scored his first Weymouth goal Picture: MARK PROBIN

Kosylo hit the bar in the 72nd minute with a gorgeous dipping shot before Adam Porter crashed one against the woodwork a minute from time.

From the rebound, Alty recycled the ball and Joel Senior put his low cross on a plate for Kosylo two yards out, burying his second and condemning Weymouth to a second successive heavy loss.

Terras: Fitzsimons, Cordner, Goodship, McQuoid (Mussa 79), Bearwish, Leslie-Smith, Taylor-Crossdale, Blair, Murray, Olomowewe, Shields (Rose 79). Subs not used: Robinson, Morgan.

Altrincham: Thompson, Hannigan, Mooney (Peers 46), Porter, Dinanga, Colclough (Hampson 70), Kosylo, Fitzpatrick (Pringle 80), Senior, Mullarkey, Whitehead. Subs not used: Digie, Leitch-Smith.

Referee: Daniel Lamport

Attendance: 932