Cordner 65, Robinson 90+1


Campbell 34, 81, Ince 61

WEYMOUTH slid to third consecutive Vanarama National League defeat as Woking won 3-2 at a chilly Bob Lucas Stadium.

Tahvon Campbell put Woking into a 1-0 half-time lead, which was doubled when Rohan Ince scored from six yards.

Tyler Cordner’s firm header halved the deficit until Campbell grabbed his second on the break.

Andy Robinson’s fine injury-time finish proved only a consolation as Woking held on to claim what was a deserved win.

Weymouth, who made five changes, are now in need of a positive result to halt an alarming drop in form.

READ MORE: Weymouth 2-3 Woking - how it happened

Boss Brian Stock showed five changes to the side that began the 4-1 loss to Altrincham.

Tom Bearwish missed out with a one-game suspension, while Brandon Goodship, Martell Taylor-Crossdale, Tom Blair and Cameron Murray all dropped to the bench alongside Ahkeem Rose.

In came Ben Morgan, Omar Mussa, Brad Ash plus Robinson, while Ollie Harfield returned from suspension at left-back.

Josh Leslie-Smith switched across to right-back.

With Weymouth having conceded four goals in each of their previous two games, this was clearly a more defensive personnel for the hosts.

Their rearguard was tested early on by a mobile and athletic Woking attacking unit, Campbell attempting to skirt round Harfield before overrunning the ball.

Woking’s Max Kretzschmar and Weymouth’s Robinson stabbed wide from 20 yards as both sides felt their way into the game.

The action intensified when Sean Shields’ low cross looked set to have earned a corner when Robinson was beaten to the ball by Moussa Diarra, only for a goal-kick to be awarded – much to the disgust of the Terras’ faithful.

Weymouth had suddenly found another gear as Cordner’s beautiful diagonal ball found skipper Josh McQuoid, whose cross was bravely headed away by a stooping Joe McNerney.

Moments later Weymouth should have taken the lead, Omar Mussa’s cross weakly headed away to Sean Shields, who could only fire straight at Woking keeper Mark Smith.

Ash and Robinson then got in a tangle by both going for the rebound, allowing Diarra to block.

At the other end, Jamar Loza’s deflected shot flew over before Campbell was denied by a fine reaction save from Ross Fitzsimons.

However, Campbell would beat Fitzsimons in the 34th minute when the winger wandered in unmarked at the back post from a corner to bundle home from inside the six-yard box.

Minutes later a sloppy pass from McQuoid set Inih Effiong away before his shot was deflected off Robinson for a corner which came to nothing.

Cordner was then guilty of handing possession to Woking, although Effiong punted a bizarre shot wide.

Two flashpoints ended the half as Taofiq Olomowewe headed a big chance at Smith before Ince deceived Fitzsimons with a whipped shot that struck the base of the near post.

Weymouth replaced Leslie-Smith for Blair at the break and the Terras nearly scored eight minutes later when Shields’ low cross just evaded a diving Ash.

Instead, it was Woking who scored next as Effiong’s header down found Ince who faked to shoot, stepped inside his man and buried a low finish past Fitzsimons on 61 minutes.

Weymouth were two down for just four minutes as Blair won a corner. Mussa stepped up to take it and his delivery was on a plate for Cordner to bullet a header past a motionless Smith from 12 yards.

Woking made a double change of their own as Tom Champion and Tarryn Allarakhia replaced Loza and Solomon Nwabuokei on 71 minutes.

Weymouth continued to press for an equaliser as Mussa whistled a 30-yard free-kick just wide.

However, they were suckered on a counter as Campbell was released clean through on the left, the winger making no mistake with a crisp finish inside the box.

Weymouth gave themselves a late glimmer of hope as man-of-the-match Robinson struck a sweet shot home from a corner in the 91st minute.

However, despite a late spell of pressure the Terras could not find an equaliser, slipping to a third straight defeat.

Terras: Fitzsimons, Morgan, Cordner, Mussa, McQuoid, Ash (Taylor-Crossdale 63), Leslie-Smith (Blair 46), Robinson, Harfield, Olomowewe, Shields (Goodship 63). Subs not used: Murray, Rose.

Woking: Smith, Lofthouse, McNerney, Diarra, Casey, Ince, Nwabuokei (Allarakhia 71), Kretzschmar (Annersley 82), Campbell, Effiong, Loza (Champion 71). Subs not used: Johnson, Maguire-Drew.

Referee: Adrian Quelch

Attendance: 789