Portland United fought in strong, windy conditions to come from behind and earn a point against Moneyfields at the Camp and Satherley Stadium.

It took just 2 minutes for the home side to have their first shot on goal. Greg Borthwick latched onto a poor touch from a Moneyfields’ last defender. The striker took the shot on but the ball flashed wide past goalkeeper Tom Price’s left post.

Moneyfields immediately attacked on the counter and scored in the 3rd minute. Josh Bailey slid the ball through to James Frankyln, who’s low shot across the face of goal gave keeper Mike Edgar no chance.

The visitors came close to doubling their lead moments later. A venomous corner was whipped low into the near post, but Bailey flicked the ball the wrong side of the post.

Portland were struggling to keep control of the game and Moneyfields were through again in the 14th minute. Jordan Pile dinked the ball up to Declan Seiden, however Edgar was off his line in a flash to collect the ball, denying Seiden the chance to shoot.

Portland were looking strong after the change of ends and made their pressure in the final third count, finding an equaliser in the 51st minute. Marcus Smith took a shot from over 20 yards out on the right side, with the powerful strike smacking the underside of the crossbar before going in.

With their tails up, Portland were pushing to take the lead and had a chance just after the hour mark. Substitute Liam Sayers took the ball on before getting his shot away on the edges of the area. The shot looked goal bound but took a nick off a defender sending the ball out for a corner.

Spectators were quick to celebrate in the 75th minute as they thought their team had the winner. Harry Hutchinson cut out a pass deep in his half before running the length of the pitch, eventually playing Sayers through on goal. The strikers low shot at the near post was cleared off the line and away for a corner.

The Blues had a chance at an 89th minute winner. Sayers played the ball across the box to Matty Burrows, but the substitute slipped when taking the strike with the ball flying over the bar.

Moneys had a chance of their own deep into added time when Franklyn squared the ball to Josh Bailey who dinked a shot towards the top right of the goal, but Edgar’s outstretched save saw the Blues take the point.

Portland United: Edgar, Thomas, Hutchinson, McKechnie, Poole, Williams, Lowes (Burrows 71), Smith, Borthwick (Sayers 58), Morris, Hewitt (Weedon, 65).

Subs not used: Smith

Moneyfields FC: Price, Briggs, Turnbull (Hazell 74), Evans, Martin, Cain, Pile (Norton 68), McGlinchey, Bailey, Seiden, Franklyn

Subs not used: Cripps, Hutchings, Richards

Attendance: 114

Match Sponsors: The Islanders' Boys' Club

Match Ball and Programme Sponsor: Bob Naerger

Mascots: Joseph Luce, Daniel Peters and James Stickland

MoM chosen by Match Sponsors went to Marcus Smith