DORCHESTER Town delivered a determined performance to defy Yeovil Town and earn a 0-0 draw in their penultimate pre-season friendly.

Yeovil, as expected with their status two leagues above the Magpies, started the brighter as home keeper Harry Dillon was forced to spill a bouncing ball by Malachi Linton, luckily winning a goal-kick.

Alex Fisher then fired the first shot on target, clipping Kieran Douglas and affording Dillon a simple catch.

Fisher worked Dillon far more seriously in the ninth minute, booming a volley from inside the area and producing a sharp save.

READ MORE: Dorchester Town 0-0 Yeovil Town - how it happened

Dorchester ate up the ground all half in a bid to stifle Yeovil and it took until the 17th minute for the Magpies to conjure their first shot on target, Trialist B curling tamely at keeper Grant Smith.

Yeovil then somehow avoided taking the lead two minutes later, Max Hunt shovelling over from six yards after Josh Staunton’s flick-on from a corner.

Dorchester fielded two triallists, the central midfielder Trialist A impressing with his ability to wriggle out of tight spots when Yeovil pressed.

Dorchester wanted a penalty when Shaq Gwengwe went down under Jamie Reckord’s challenge, only to see their appeals turned down.

Yeovil immediately went upfield and tested Dillon when Trialist A span into trouble inside his own area, Linton firing low at the keeper.

Dorchester survived a credible call for a penalty just before half-time as Harvey-Joe Bertrand appeared to trip Reckord in the box, only for Yeovil to be awarded a free-kick.

Magpies’ boss Glenn Howes made just one change to his hard-working side at the break as Olly Balmer replaced the anonymous Alfie Stanley.

Dorchester made the better start in the second half as Josh Staunton was lucky to avoid a caution for a clear handball and Kieran Douglas headed a free-kick at Smith.

Fisher glanced a header wide for Yeovil and Dorchester had their best chance of the game when Gwengwe used his pace to reach a long ball, poking just wide under pressure from Smith.

Yeovil trialist Matt Buse and Balmer traded wayward shots before Staunton tried an ambitious 30-yard drive which soared out of the ground in a measure of Yeovil’s frustration on the night.

Dillon was then called upon to make a fabulous save to deny Fisher, defying his momentum which was heading in the opposite direction.

Yeovil’s Trialist F and Perry both aimed fierce efforts inches shy of the woodwork in the dying stages as Dorchester worked extremely hard to keep the Glovers at bay and earn a deserved draw.

Magpies: Dillon, Bertrand (Foot 81), Slough (Callow 55) Douglas, Emmerson, Buckley, Neale (Griggs 70), Trialist A (Doyle 77), Gwengwe, Stanley (Balmer 46), Trialist B. Subs not used: Symes, Sa.

Yeovil: G Smith, Williams, Staunton, Reckord, Hunt (Holbert 46), Perry, Trialist C, D'Ath (Trialist G 46), Fisher (Stephens 86), Linton (Trialist F 60), Wakefield (Trialist E 78). Subs not used: Evans, Haste, Trialist D.