WEYMOUTH manager John Hollins was critical of referee P Quinn's performance after Saturday's 2-1 Blue Square Premier defeat at Halifax Town.

The Terras, who are now in the bottom four, had a goal disallowed and also saw Scott Doe sent off for a professional foul when he seemed to get a boot on the ball.

It all mounted up to a frustrating afternoon for Hollins' men who took the lead in the first half through Anton Robinson and for much of the contest looked the better side.

Town's goals came in the second half from Andy Campbell and Simon Heslop, they also missed a penalty in stoppage time which was saved by Bristol City loanee Stephen Henderson, who was one of three players making their debuts for the Terras.

Hollins said: "Our keeper made two great saves after about 15 or 20 minutes but we could have been a couple up by then.

"We battered them with crosses and shots but every time the ball got blocked in their box it seemed to fall to one of their players.

"In the end we managed to get one when Anton poked home and it was thoroughly deserved but then in the second half we had a corner which got cleared and they broke away to make it 1-1.

"Despite that we still looked good to get something but they went on to get a second when the ball bobbled up nicely for one of their lads who cut inside and stuck it into the top corner.

"It is so frustrating because overall I thought we played really well. We got ourselves into a good position but unfortunately we could not hold on to it or go on to kill the game off."

When asked about Quinn's performance, Hollins went on to add: "He was appalling today. He gave a penalty towards the end and sent Scott Doe off but there is no doubt that Scott got the ball. We then had a couple others booked for moaning before Henderson saved it.

"He also booked Marcus Browning earlier in the game when he made a very good tackle and also disallowed a goal when their defender seemed to just fall over allowing Stuart Beavon to go on and put it in the net.

"He said that Stuart had fouled the centre half but there did not seem much contact."

As well as Henderson, fellow loanees Tony Bedeau from Torquay United and Moses Swaibu from Crystal Palace also made their first outings for the Terras.

Hollins said: "Tony started up front with Stuart and I thought going forward we looked dangerous. Both forwards certainly could not complain about the service they had today and there is no doubt that we have the ammunition to give teams problems.

"I also thought Henderson did well. Not only did he make some good saves but he also looked very commanding.

"As for Moses, he is still young and very raw, and I thought he did okay."

Weymouth's next game sees them entertain Forest Green Rovers tomorrow night.

Hollins added: "It is going to be another tough one but looking at today's performance I think we will give them a good game.

"Yes, we are in the bottom four now but that does not make a difference because a couple of wins would soon change the whole picture."