Charles-Cook 87


Touray 8, 45+1, Rollinson 84

WEYMOUTH debutant Ezio Touray scored twice as Weymouth secured a hat-trick of wins at Dover, beating the Whites 3-1 at the Crabble Stadium.

Touray’s first-half double gave the Terras a 2-0 lead but both sides went down to ten men after second yellows for Tom Bearwish and Johl Powell.

Joel Rollinson’s fine individual effort made it 3-1 but it was too late for Dover to make a recovery, even after Roman Charles-Cook’s second goal of the season.

Weymouth boss Bobby Wilkinson made two changes to the side that began the 1-0 loss at Hampton & Richmond in midweek.

READ MORE: Dover Athletic 1-3 Weymouth - how it happened

Calvin Brooks and Olu Durojaiye were both benched, with Teddy Howe returning from suspension and Harvey Slade coming into the starting XI after the expiry of his one-month loan at Bashley.

Nahum Melvin-Lambert and Frankie Monk had no place in the squad, with new signing Elliott Bolton also missing out completely.

Tommy Stagg and Ben Thomson rounded off the Weymouth bench.

Touray, a very exciting forward who was released from Watford in the summer, was supposed to be on the bench but an injury in the warm-up to Dan Roberts handed him a starting place.

And those that believe in omens will feel Roberts’ injury might have been a blessing when Touray netted in the eighth minute.

The ex-Basingstoke forward was in the right place at the right time to pounce after a cross struck the back of a Dover defender, allowing Touray to volley home.

In sweltering conditions, there were two early yellows as Peter Ojemen and Weymouth’s Anthony Cheshire were cautioned needlessly.

Weymouth then spurned a good chance for 2-0 when Joel Rollinson chose to shoot, seeing his shot blocked, when the Terras had a spare man over.

Powell then crucially picked up his first booking for another cheap foul, and Weymouth had threatened seconds earlier when Touray’s shot was repelled.

Ill-discipline continued in a scrappy first half as Dover boss Mitch Brundle was cautioned for dissent and Bearwish saw yellow for a foul in midfield.

Dover could only threaten with a long-range effort that sailed over Benfield’s bar and the hosts were further deflated with a poor piece of luck in added time.

Ex-Terras centre-back Jacob Mensah’s misjudgement, on his debut, invited pressure from Touray and he then closed down Terrell, the ball looping bizarrely into the net from his charge down.

Things went from bad to worse for Dover as Powell then saw a contentious second yellow for a high boot on Charlie Rowan, who had stooped to head the ball.

Weymouth saw out the remaining time to book a second straight 2-0 half-time lead at Dover, having done so en route to securing safety last season.

Dover, with a mountain to climb, made a double change at the break, bringing Iffy Allen and Charles-Cook on for Josh Anifowose and Chevron McLean.

Their changes failed to make an impression and instead it was Touray who nearly grabbed a hat-trick, unusually slicing wide from a corner.

Cheshire headed wide from a corner before Bearwish picked up a silly second booking, the referee adjudging him to time-waste at a throw-in.

Weymouth made their first sub on the hour as Durojaiye replaced Rowan, moments later Cheshire heading wide again.

Touray did not get another chance for his treble as Thomson came on at his expense in the 68th minute and the Terras continued to attack as Jordon Thompson headed a Keelan O’Connell wide.

Dover, who were blunted all afternoon, only had Mensah’s flick and sub Dontai Stewart’s rising drive to shout about 15 minutes from time on a frustrating day for the Whites.

And Weymouth made sure of the points when Rollinson’s wonderful solo run was capped with an even better finish, rifling high into the top corner on 84 minutes.

The Terras were deprived of a clean sheet when Charles-Cook slide home in the 87th minute but Weymouth nearly had a fourth as Thomson and O’Connell were denied.

But Weymouth were good value for the victory and ended a run of four defeats in style in the Kent sunshine.

Dover: Terrell, Ojemen, Olarewaju, Dunne, Powell, Anifowose (Allen 46), Sutherland, Nikaj, McLean (Charles-Cook 46), Mensah, Oyenuga. Subs not used: Baptiste, Hatcher.

Terras: Benfield, Howe, Hamblin, Cheshire, Thompson, Rowan (Durojaiye 59), O'Connell, Bearwish, Touray (Thomson 68), Slade, Rollinson. Subs not used: Stagg, Brooks.

Referee: George Laflin.

Attendance: 566