WEYMOUTH were held to their second stalemate in succession as Truro City kept the Terras at bay in their Vanarama National League South clash at Gloucester City.

Truro, playing their home games at Meadow Park due to their nomadic status, were poor in the first half and Weymouth had a goal disallowed through Ezio Touray, who also spurned a clear chance.

Weymouth lost three players to injury in the second period and had to weather shots from former Weymouth man Matt Buse and Ryan Law, denied by the recalled Gerard Benfield.

Weymouth have now gone 451 minutes without scoring under boss Mark Molesley, but this was at least a second point in a row.

READ MORE: Truro City 0-0 Weymouth - how it happened

Molesley initially made two changes to the side that began the 0-0 draw at Welling United on Saturday.

Goalkeeper Gerard Benfield came back in for his first appearance since late February, the 3-3 draw with St Albans City, while Olu Durojaiye also returned after a long spell out for personal reasons.

Molesley was forced into a third change as Harry Parsons, named in the XI, was withdrawn for Ezio Touray.

Corey Panter missed out completely, while Harvey Wiles-Richards dropped to the bench and Joel Rollinson, Anthony Cheshire and Frankie Monk completed the dugout.

Meanwhile, Truro showed no fewer than eight changes, having secured their safety amid a compressed schedule.

The alterations allowed Weymouth to control possession early on, with Truro opting to sit deep and frustrate the Terras at times.

Terras’ skipper Tom Bearwish did have a shot blocked, quickly followed by a Keelan O’Connell curler that made easy catching for former Exeter keeper James Hamon.

Weymouth continued to press and in the 13th minute had the ball in the net thanks to Touray, who began the day as joint top-scorer with Brandon Goodship on 13, but the whistle had long gone for handball against the forward.

Charlie Rowan picked up the game’s first yellow on 16 minutes, abruptly halting Dom Johnson-Fisher after a cheeky nutmeg on the Weymouth man.

With Truro making no impression in attack, all the impetus came from Weymouth as Bearwish again found his path to goal denied.

Touray then rushed a good chance in the area, directing a tame shot at Hamon which nevertheless forced the keeper into a solid low save.

Truro had to wait until the 43rd minute for their first attempt at goal as centre-back Jordon Thompson was hit flush in the face by the ball. Ryan Kavanagh fired at goal but put too much juice on the shot, failing to work Benfield.

Weymouth were dealt an early blow in the second half as O’Connell went off for Monk, nursing what appeared to be an ankle knock sustained in the first period.

The Terras’ luck with injuries was out as Bearwish hobbled off on the hour with a hamstring tweak, prompting Rollinson’s introduction and a change of formation to 4-1-4-1.

Truro improved in the second period and former Weymouth midfielder Matt Buse forced a strong save from Benfield in the 68th minute, their first shot on target.

Weymouth responded when Dan Roberts drilled wide of Hamon’s upright, before a third injury of the night, this time for Rowan, resulted in Parsons coming on from the bench.

Weymouth upped the tempo in the final 15 minutes and neat one-touch football saw Parsons play in Goodship but the forward’s cross-shot was intercepted by Hamon.

Monk worked Hamon late on but the Terras could not find the breakthrough as they went a fourth straight game without scoring.

Instead, Truro came close to netting in the 92nd minute as Benfield was called upon to make a big save from ex-Plymouth man Ryan Law’s shot.

However, the keeper kept Weymouth’s powder dry for the second straight game.

Truro: Hamon, Melhado, Sanders, Dean, Palfrey (Porter 77), Kavanagh, Hinds, Johnson-Fisher (Neal 81), Buse, Harrison, Law. Subs not used: Palmer, Harvey, M Jones.

Terras: Benfield, Hamblin, Thompson, H Jones, O'Connell (Monk 47), Bearwish (Rollinson 61), Roberts, Goodship, Touray, Durojaiye, Rowan (Parsons 73). Subs not used: Wiles-Richards, Cheshire.

Referee: Declan Brown.

Attendance: 126.