FAMILIES can make the most of Halloween this half-term at Weymouth’s spooky Sandworld.
Giant creepy sand sculptures and an annual pumpkin sand-carving competition are a few of the scary events on offer for visitors.
Sandworld is embracing the Halloween spirit in the final week of the 2012 season.
Youngsters who dress up in their scariest costumes will get into the park for free.
Families can take up the hunt for the scary gang as well as listening to some spooky story telling.
David Hicks, of Sandworld, said: “We are having a Halloween week of fun at Sandworld.
“The park has been dressed up for the occasion, staff will be in fancy dress and we are holding our annual pumpkin carving competition – carved out of sand of course.
“This is the last week of our 2012 season, so the last chance to see the 2012 exhibition.
“To remind you, we have the largest sandcastle made by the best sandcastle builder in the world from America, the royal coat of arms which is three metres high made for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee as well our Greek themed sculptures.”
Scary sculptures include medusa and the haunted castle.
The park is raising money for Children in Need over half-term with a Pudsey Bear lucky dip.
Sandworld will be open daily from 10.30am until November 3.
It is based in Lodmoor Country Park on Preston Beach Road, Weymouth, DT4 75X.
Where to go this weekend
- Halloween fun evenings, Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens, Abbotsbury: Free face painting (scary faces) and a free prize for children in fancy dress. Also Halloween fun at the Children’s Farm throughout half term. 01305 871 387.
- Face your Fears, Weymouth Sea Life Centre, Lodmoor Country Park: Get up close and personal with some of the nation’s most feared creatures, open daily from 10am, 01305 761070.
- Halloween at Monkey World, nr Bovington: Dorset’s Monkey World will be playing host to lots of Halloween fun until November 4. There will be a Halloween trail through the park. For more information visit monkeyworld.org, 01929 462537.
- Halloween Extravaganza at Fancy’s Farm and High Angle Battery Tunnels, Portland. 3pm-7pm. Free. Today only.
- Pumpkins in the Park, Greenhill Gardens, Weymouth. Free event including games, stories and prizes for children in fancy dress 2pm-4.30pm (Tomorrow only) l Bedlam & Broomsticks, Halloween activities at the Nothe Fort, Weymouth including games, crafts, ghost walk. 10.30am-4.30pm. £5, under 3s go free. Saturday only.