When news happens get involved. Send your pictures, views and video to us by text and email
UPDATE: Investigators probe garage spill
6:52pm Sunday 15th December 2013 in News
A CHEMICAL spill in a garage was thought to be hydrochloric acid.
Crews were called to a property fire in Bourton, in the far north of Dorset, just before 3pm yesterday
Wiltshire firefighters also attended.
Upon arrival, further assistance was required for the Environmental Support Unit as a chemical had been spilled in the garage.
Firefighters used breathing apparatus and gas type suits to make the area safe.
A Dorset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the acid was taken away in a contained drum to be disposed of safely.
A decontamination of firefighters was carried out at the scene.
The Environment Agency, police and paramedics also attended the incident.
The last fire crew left the scene at 6.19pm.
Comments are closed on this article.