Update: Firefighters tackle Weymouth town centre fire

Dorset Echo: Firefighters tackle Weymouth town centre fire. Firefighters tackle Weymouth town centre fire.

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a small fire in a tumble dryer.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service were called just before 8am today to a second-floor property in St Thomas Street, Weymouth, after a smell of burning plastic was reported.

Two Weymouth crews including a high-rise platform, attended the building, and found smoke issuing from a window.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went into the building and found the fire in the kitchen of the second-floor flat in the tumble dryer.

The only damage from the fire was to the contents of the tumble dryer.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:45pm Wed 1 Jan 14

islandman says...

Being an oldie, I remember when it was said to be bad luck to do washing on New Year's Day. Oh, silly me, rabbiting on whilst your tumble dryer is on fire, what bad luck.
Being an oldie, I remember when it was said to be bad luck to do washing on New Year's Day. Oh, silly me, rabbiting on whilst your tumble dryer is on fire, what bad luck. islandman

2:50am Fri 3 Jan 14

EtaoinShrdlu says...

Lovely picture of part of fire engine. Nearly as good as the police ones you put in any story concerning the police. Good journalism. Well done picture editor.
Lovely picture of part of fire engine. Nearly as good as the police ones you put in any story concerning the police. Good journalism. Well done picture editor. EtaoinShrdlu

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree