Firefighters tackle property fire caused by light switch fault

Firefighters tackle property fire caused by light switch fault

Firefighters tackle property fire caused by light switch fault

First published in News
Last updated
Dorset Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a property fire in Weymouth caused by an electrical fault in a light switch.

Two fire crews from Weymouth were alerted to the fire in Leeds Crescent, Lanehouse at approximately 8.20pm yesterday evening.

Firefighters arrived on scene to find a small fire within the ground floor kitchen, involving a light switch.

A spokesperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews removed the light switch cover and used a thermal imaging camera to check that the fire hadn't spread.

“After making sure that the scene was safe, firefighters left shortly after 9pm.

“The cause of the fire is thought to have been an electrical short circuit, and fortunately it was only a short length of electrical wiring which was damaged.

“Fire crews will be returning to the area within the next few days to give local residents some home fire safety advice.”

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:16am Thu 16 Jan 14

terra firma says...

Westham? I always thought that ended at Crossroads.

Come on OHEC, get Local. it's Leeds Crescent, Lanehouse
Westham? I always thought that ended at Crossroads. Come on OHEC, get Local. it's Leeds Crescent, Lanehouse terra firma
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree