Safety warning after toaster blaze

Safety warning after toaster blaze

Safety warning after toaster blaze

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS have issued a safety warning after a blaze in Dorchester this afternoon which was caused by a toaster.

The incident happened at around 2.30pm in High Street, Fordington.

It is believed a curtain came in to contact with a toaster whilst it was turned on.

The blaze had been extinguished before firefighters arrived and there are no reported injuries.

Fire chiefs have urged residents to ensure toasters are not placed close to materials or underneath kitchen units.

A Dorset Fire and Rescue spokesman added: “If you have a fire, dial 999, close the door to the room where the fire is and leave the property.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree