AN oven fire has caused light smoke damage to a Weymouth property.
A crew from Weymouth Fire Station were called to an address in Wyke Regis this afternoon at around 1.27pm.
The fire was confined to the oven in the ground floor kitchen and was extinguished by removal.
The cause of the fire was unattended cooking.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service were alerted by a neighbour who heard alarms and saw smoke coming from the property.
The alarms alerted the property’s owner, as well as the neighbour, which allowed the fire to be detected early and confined to the oven.
The fire service wish to remind people of the importance of working smoke alarms.
Free home safety checks from the fire service can be arranged by signing up online at www.dorsetfire.gov.uk