WEYMOUTH Sea Life Adventure Park and Tower offer guests a world of discovery and fun.
The park itself at Lodmoor is home to more than 1,000 sea creatures including crocodiles, penguins, seals, sharks and green sea turtles.
Visitors can stroll through an underwater tunnel where they will find a 180-degree view of awe-inspiring sharks, colourful corals and majestic sea turtles.
Adventure seekers will want to jump on the log-flume ride over at Escape from Crocodile Creek, where they will find six Caimen Crocodiles.
There are also four rides over at Adventure Island and penguin lovers will have the chance to watch Humboldt Penguins feeding.
After a few hours enjoying the park, guests can take a stroll two miles along the beach and visit the Sea Life Tower.
The tower is 53m high and offers 360-degree panoramic views of the coastline, which guests can sit and enjoy as the viewing capsule slowly rotates.
The Adventure Park is open from 10am – 5pm and the tower is open from 11am – 5pm. Visitors can save money by booking a combined ticket online for £15.50. Alternatively tickets bought on the day cost £22.85 and under-3s go free.
- The Super Dinosaur Hunt at the Dinosaur Museum in Dorchester starts on Wednesday, July 23 and runs until the end of August. The event involves the whole museum where children explore and search out the answers to the clues of the dinosaur mystery. The Dinosaur Museum is the perfect place for the dinosaur hunt with its exciting blend of skeletons, life-size dinosaur reconstructions and fossils. The museum is open daily from 10am – 5pm.
- A brand new ‘Tanks in Action’ display is opening at The Tank Museum in Bovington on Wednesday, July 23. The explosive display will take place every weekday at 2pm. In recognition of the First World War Centenary, the display will open with a fierce fire-fight between British and German troops backed up by our replica WW1 tank – the Mark IV. The museum is open daily from 10am-5pm.
- On Thursday, July 24, Dorset Wildlife Trust is holding the first of the sessions in the Forest School Summer Programme. The school is based in the Kingcombe Centre in Toller Porcorum. Meet at Powerstock car park at 10am. Booking is essential and it costs £5 per child.
- Weymouth Lifeboat Week is running from Sunday, July 27 to August 2. For more information call 01305 774121.
- The Creepy Crawly Bug Shoe is taking place at Abbotsbury Children’s Farm on Sunday, July 27. Open daily from 10am – 5pm. For more information call 01305 871817.