A WEYMOUTH man has been cleared of allegations of child abuse dating back nearly 30 years.
Aubray Arthur Pegg, of Canterbury Close was found not guilty of multiple counts of indecent assault and two counts of indecency with a child, offences he had always denied. The allegations dated from January 22, 1986 and January 22, 1990.
Following a trial at Dorchester Crown Court the jury returned not guilty verdicts on all counts and 78-year-old Mr Pegg was discharged.
When giving evidence in court Mr Pegg had described the allegations as a ‘load of rubbish’ and said he could not think of whey they had been ‘made up’. He said he had never sexually touched or abused the complainant in any way.
The jury also heard that when interviewed by police, Mr Pegg said the allegations made him feel ‘physically sick’.