(Canavan 5, Geddes 16, 55, Billingham 71, Fitzpatrick 86)

STOURBRIDGE inflicted even more misery on to the Terras at the Bob Lucas Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Weymouth offered very little resistance as the Glassboys completely embarrassed them once again in a comfortable 5-0 victory.

The West Midlanders have now racked up a mammoth 22 goals in their last four meetings with the Terras, conceding just one in the process.

Weymouth player-manager Jason Matthews kept faith with the same starting XI that began the abandoned match at Bashley in midweek.

Adam Kelly and Niall Thompson both made their home debuts with the latter starting on the left wing in front of Scott Walker, who began at left-back.

Jake Green was deployed in the other full-back slot with Ashley Wells and Barry McConnell having to settle for places on the bench where they joined Luke Winsper and Carl McClements.

Stourbridge made two changes to the side that began the 2-2 home draw with Truro City with Ben Birch and Kyle Haynes coming in for Will Richards and Andre Francis.

And it was the Glassboys that made the brighter start with Tom Berwick firing over from 25 yards in the opening minute after a well-worked move through the midfield.

The Terras looked a little nervy but seconds later they responded with Thompson drilling a shot straight at Dean Coleman at the other end.

The low drive was too hot to handle but the ball squirmed clear of the onrushing Ben Joyce allowing the Glassboys to clear.

The game was very open and every time Stourbridge attacked, they looked like creating a chance.

A goal was on the cards and it arrived on five minutes after Berwick had powered his way past Michael Walker on the left.

His cutback found Ben Billingham and when his shot was brilliantly saved by Matthews at point-blank range, there was Drew Canavan following up to fire in the rebound.

The home fans could have been forgiven for fearing the worst after that but their side responded well to going behind and went on to enjoy a decent spell.

Thompson was looking particularly lively and only an excellent intervention stopped his 14th-minute cross from finding Joyce at the near post.

Heavy rain combined with a strong cross-field wind then began to make life tough for both sides and it caused the Terras to switch off.

Their momentary lapse was punished on 16 minutes when the Glassboys made it two.

Berwick was given far too much space just 25 yards out and when his shot hit Michael Walker and ricocheted back into the path of Sean Geddes, he did the rest, rounding Matthews with ease before slotting into an empty net.

The Terras were allowing the visitors far too much space and paying the price, although they were still creating chances at the other end with George Rigg firing over just two minutes later.

It was still Stourbridge that were looking the more threatening side though and on the half-hour they almost grabbed a third.

Kayelden Brown saw his header turned behind by a fantastic block from Jake Green and, from the resulting corner, Leon Broadhurst went even closer with a clever flick that struck the post.

The wind had now relented somewhat and the sun was back out but the Terras looked anything but calm as Broadhurst saw another effort deflect just wide just moments later.

Two-nil flattered the hosts at half-time and Matthews was clearly looking for a reaction at the restart.

Wells replaced Thompson and went to right-back, Green moved across to the left and Scott Walker advanced to left-wing but the switch did little to raise the home side’s game.

Stewart Yetton and Ben Joyce continued to be starved of service and Stourbridge looked content to just sit back and play on the break.

Matthews made a fine block on 54 minutes to deny Berwick but, just 60 seconds later, Stourbridge returned to finally add their third.

This time Billingham played in skipper Geddes and he nonchalantly fired home his 15th of the season, giving Matthews no chance.

The Glassboys were now in cruise control and, on 69 minutes, their job was made even easier when Michael Walker saw red for pulling back Billingham when he was clean through.

Referee Michael Webb had no other choice but to send the defender on his way and to make matters worse for the home fans, Billingham curled the resulting free-kick into the bottom right corner for 4-0.

The silence was deafening amongst the Weymouth faithful and, on 86 minutes, the Glassboys rubbed even more salt into the wounds when substitute Jordan Fitzpatrick drove in the fifth from 20 yards.

Matthews looked a forlorn figure at the end and clearly has a huge task now to lift his players for Tuesday night’s visit of Bideford.