DORCHESTER TOWN 2 (Crittenden 36, Jermyn 90+3)

A dramatic Mark Jermyn goal in the third minute of second-half stoppage time earned Dorchester three precious points in their bid for Skrill South survival and also bagged a league double over their Kent hosts.

Michael Bakare fired Tonbridge into a 14th-minute lead but the Magpies equalised nine minutes before the break when Nick Crittenden swept home the loose ball after Angels’ keeper Clark Masters beat aside a Nathan Craig free-kick.

Just as it looked as if Dorchester would be denied the win that their performance deserved, Masters then spilled a last-ditch corner and skipper Jermyn pounced to hook in the winner and send the visiting fans wild with delight.

Fielding an unchanged starting line-up, in-form Dorchester needed to defend as Tonbridge started the match strongly.

Sam Lanahan blocked an early effort from Nathan Pinney while Nathan Walker was well placed to cut out a ball aimed at Bakare.

Shortly after, Jermyn’s free- kick was headed clear while another set-piece from Jake Smeeton lacked direction.

At the other end, Mark Lovell dispossessed Jermyn and produced a neat 30-yard dipping shot, which drew a smart save from the alert Alan Walker-Harris.

The breakthrough came from the home side when Bakare surged past the challenge of Lanahan, drove into the box and produced a shot which the visiting keeper couldn’t keep out.

Although Pinney made sure the ball was in the net, the goal was credited to Bakare as the ball had already crossed the line.

The Magpies nearly grabbed a quick equaliser and Walker’s hooked effort from 12 yards flew just the wrong side of a post.

Then Warren Byerley was presented with a shooting chance but he fired over from longer range.

Tom Collins then turned the Magpies’ defence inside out and his cross behind Walker-Harris was hastily cleared by Craig.

The pace of Collins again caused concern moments later but this time the ball carried enough pace to enable Walker-Harris to safely gather on the edge of his area.

A good Dorchester move involving Charlie Losasso and Critten-den ended with Ashley Yeoman sending an angled shot just wide.

But Phil Simkin’s men were not to be denied as Jermyn showed determination to run half the length of the pitch and twice keep a seemingly lost ball in play.

This led to a shot from Critt-enden which was blocked and then the award of a free-kick for a foul on Craig.

The Torquay loanee stepped up to draw a fine diving save from Masters but there was Crittenden to drive home the rebound.

Tonbridge may have regained the lead had Collins opted to pass to the unmarked Mark Lovell rather than shoot over the bar.

A slip from Jermyn early in the second half nearly let in Bakare but Walker-Harris did well to deflect his shot for a corner.

Craig then spotted Masters off his line and tried to lob home a free-kick from 40 yards but the Angels’ gloveman caught the ball under his crossbar.

A vital far-post clearance from Henry Muggeridge prevented Yeoman connecting with a centre from Byerley then Crittenden fired inches wide.

Losasso looked to have set up Byerley but the Dorchester striker hesitated enabling home skipper Gary Elphick to clear.

Masters then appeared to pull off a fine save to deny Crittenden but rather than the anticipated corner, a goal kick was awarded.

Shortly after, Byerley did win a corner with a shot which Masters pushed around a post.

Pinney and Lovell then both fired wide for Tonbridge while Byerley’s six-yard header from Smeeton’s centre flew over.

There were chances at both ends as the end approached.

Bakare shot straight at Walker-Harris, Losasso had a penalty appeal waved aside when it appeared that his shot had been handled, Walker-Harris saved at his near post to frustrate Bakare, Walker crashed a header against the Angels’ crossbar and his opposite number, Masters, saved a shot from Yeoman.

But in the third minute of stoppage time at the end of a fascinating match, Masters pushed aside a Crittenden shot but then spilled Losasso’s corner kick and there was Jermyn to net the loose ball and seal a sensational win.

Tonbridge: Masters, Piper, Muggeridge, Ijaha, Elphick (c), Appiah (Blewden 64), Collins, Lovell, Pinney, Bakare, Green. Subs not used: Milham, Bolagi, Slocombe, Chalmers-Stevens.

Magpies: Walker-Harris, Lanahan, Smeeton, Jermyn, Walker, Craig, Crittenden, Gleeson, Yeoman (S Walker 90 +4), Byerley (Makoni 85). Subs not used: McCarthy, Twyford, Munday.

Referee: Anthony Serrano.

Bookings: None.

Attendance: 405