WEYMOUTH made it back-to-back league wins in four days over struggling Bashley, as Jason Matthews’ men produced a dominant performance to see off the spirited cash-strapped outfit at Bashley Road.

Skipper Stewart Yetton continued his scintillating scoring form, netting either side of the interval to seal a victory in which Weymouth were in control throughout. The front man now has five goals in his last six league games for the Terras.

Isaac Vassell also capped an impressive display on his first start for the club with a stunning 30-yard strike which cannoned in off the upright to give the Weymouth their third and seal all three points.

Boss Matthews made two changes from the side that defeated Bash on Saturday.

Ben Joyce and Michael Walker dropped to the bench in place of Plymouth loanee Vassell. The returning George Rigg also slotted straight back into the starting line-up following his decision to stay with the Terras permanently until the end of the season.

And it wasn’t long before Weymouth had the first chance of the game with just four minutes gone.

After former Bashley man Adam Kelly jinked his way down the right flank and was brought down. Rigg blasted a free-kick which clipped the wall from just outside the area and was eventually cleared by the home defence.

But, as happened when the two sides met on Saturday, the Terras were caught napping inside the first 10 minutes when Scott Joyce found space in the Weymouth area and lobbed the ball over the head of Matthews in the Terras’ goal, he saw his effort bounce just wide of the far post.

Although they survived an early scare from the enthusiastic Bash youngsters, as the half wore on, the away side’s dominance then started to show.

On the half hour mark, on-loan Vassell burst down the left flank and cut the ball back to Jake Green, who blazed his shot well over from the edge of the box.

The visitors were then convinced they should have been given a penalty when Yetton was bundled over in the area by onrushing Bash goalkeeper Monty George. But the striker’s protests were waved away by referee Mark Russell much to the disagreement of Yetton’s teammates.

Minutes later, official Russell then had no choice but to point to the spot with 37 minutes gone as Bashley defender Luke Ansell’s clumsy challenge on Kelly gave Yetton the chance to open his evening’s account from the penalty spot.

The striker stepped up and coolly stroked the ball home into the bottom right-hand corner to put his side a goal to the good at the break.

It didn’t take long for captain Yetton to add to his tally, as eight minutes into the second period, the home side’s frailty from set- pieces was exposed by Mathews’ men.

Rigg’s in-swinging corner was allowed to bounce by the home defence inside the six-yard box before Yetton showed his striking instinct and popped up in the right place once again to nod the ball home and double the Terras’ advantage.

And although Bash tried to rally as Ansell headed over from a corner just past the hour mark, Weymouth found themselves in cruise control as the contest went on. On the search for a third, Kelly then found himself in acres of space inside the Bashley penalty area and drilled a low hard attempt just wide of George’s far post.

The visitors were eventually rewarded once again for their efforts when Vassell showed great technique on 72 minutes to smash home Weymouth’s third and wheel away in celebration as all three points were captured.

As they did at the Bob Lucas Stadium on Saturday, the youthful Bashley side did not give up the ghost and nearly grabbed a consolation goal late on.

The lively Manny Soetan, who netted in the no contest when the floodlights went out between the two sides at Bashley Road in January, nearly beat Matthews once again with a stinging effort late on that the player-manager managed to hold on to, diving to his right to deny the midfielder.

The result means that Wey-mouth take a maximum return from their two games against Bashley and move on to 49 points in the Southern Premier standings.

The Terras now turn their attentions to another double-header as they travel to Burn-ham on Saturday.

Terras: Matthews, Wells, Green, Colwell (Winsper, 69), Hutchings (Poole 79), Richards, Kelly (B Joyce, 79), Jagger-Cane, Yetton, Rigg, Vassell Subs not used: Walker, Holland

Bashley: George, Rolls, Flint, Ansell, Marden, Bulpitt, Roberts, Soetan, Joyce (Brookes 81), Odam, Strickland (Morris 79). Subs not used: Jones, Gazzard

Attendance: 184